Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK GUYS I MADE THE MOVE

C.J.M.

Good mercy I went to my shoulder Doctor with my shoulder problems and he cannot do anything with the right one that has had a Total Replacement.The left one has Arthritis big time.So just started injections .However there is still a small chance I can still detect with a small metal detector :clapping: .Hmmm, Do not need any expensive detector so I have been looking for a reasonable one that still has basic batteries(AA).Well,I hit up on a Cherry AT-PRO that was bought from KELLEY CO. The price was very reasonable .Suppose to be mail to me this a.m.
iTS being mail from the East coast hope it not coming Camel Express:look:. I have a question from what I seen what is the "Best Set Up'' to start with? i do not think it comes with All Metal ?

Great machine. Ya know, I get wrapped up in the hype a lot on the newer machines out. I buy one, go out and find a few mercs, wheats and maybe some bling..then I get a At pro, mxt etc, go out and find a few mercs,wheats and some bling.. I prefer the older tek myself, I find just as much and I’m not toggling through endless menus.. congrats on your new rig

Good mercy I went to my shoulder Doctor with my shoulder problems and he cannot do anything with the right one that has had a Total Replacement.The left one has Arthritis big time.So just started injections .However there is still a small chance I can still detect with a small metal detector :clapping: .Hmmm, Do not need any expensive detector so I have been looking for a reasonable one that still has basic batteries(AA).Well,I hit up on a Cherry AT-PRO that was bought from KELLEY CO. The price was very reasonable .Suppose to be mail to me this a.m.
iTS being mail from the East coast hope it not coming Camel Express:look:. I have a question from what I seen what is the "Best Set Up'' to start with? i do not think it comes with All Metal ?
Is that ATP going to be lite enough with your shoulder's being injured, for me personally I found the ATP to be the most uncomfortable detector I ever had the displeasure of swinging, ergonomically it was terrible for me, I also found that because of how uncomfortable it was ergonomically it felt heavy to me

I would have opted for a good old beep and dig like a Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon, or something similar like a Troy Shadow X5 all three very lite and very capable detectors, weight wise those three detectors are not much heavier than a XP ORX

Good luck with your shoulder recovery

Congrats on your purchase. I hope the AT works out for you but I too wonder about the weight. I also love beep n digs but they’re not the easiest to cherry pick if you’re hurting and don’t want to dig a lot. I would have recommended an X10 pro. Only 1 oz heavier than a Deus and I believe it to be better than an AT. Another bonus is it’s less than half the price. Something to consider if the AT hurts your shoulder.

Well,only time will tell one thing for sure The GARRETT Co. is only 100 miles or less from me. The batteries are a lot easier to deal with and real simple to use. If any problems pop up it is so much closer. Thank you for information .Remember I am 83 :eek: :yikes:HA,HA,HA.

I've had several At Pro's and always sell them because they just seem heavy compared to my Teknetics G2+. You can lighten it by using the 5x8 coil or a Nel Sharpshooter. I usually hunted in Pro Zero with disc at 40.

I've had several At Pro's and always sell them because they just seem heavy compared to my Teknetics G2+. You can lighten it by using the 5x8 coil or a Nel Sharpshooter. I usually hunted in Pro Zero with disc at 40.
Thank you will try when it gets here :thumbup:

Well, guys more news the detector is on its way from MATT. on the east coast.Its coming by camel-express.Hmmm,went to see my new surgery doctor the last two retired.Bad news right off the bat,seems like the last Hernia I had operated has gone bad again:mad:.My new doc is from south Africa he IS about 6'4",but has a sense of humor .Well it seems like the hernia is still there and need to be repaired for good.Good mercy I have had 15 surgeries already and at 83 I am no teen-ager!! Well,its not hurting unless I lift something heavy and that's normal at my house.Hmmm,looks like my coming DETECTOR and I are being attack on all sides:LOL:.Wish me luck.

Well, I got it yesterday WOW its in pristine condition.I put it together ,the connectors were a little tight. Looks like it came from KELLYCO , the owner was 86 and was having a hard time . Hea guys wait to you hit the 80's your head says lets go detecting,but your body says "NO WAY" hmmm the body wins:laugh:.

Is that ATP going to be lite enough with your shoulder's being injured, for me personally I found the ATP to be the most uncomfortable detector I ever had the displeasure of swinging, ergonomically it was terrible for me, I also found that because of how uncomfortable it was ergonomically it felt heavy to me

I would have opted for a good old beep and dig like a Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon, or something similar like a Troy Shadow X5 all three very lite and very capable detectors, weight wise those three detectors are not much heavier than a XP ORX

Good luck with your shoulder recovery
Well ,injections not working as well I would think.So, looks like therapy on the shoulder will be next. Hmmm,you were right,about the weight. I got the pristine AT PRO detector in super shape looks like the buyer who was 86 did not use it?However its a 3 pounder so I shorten the rod and it help it . Got a pointer,digging tool, hand scoop from kelleyco.Had not had the chance to use it.GOOD MERCY just found out the hernia which I had operated 8 months ago,has gone BAD and will have to set up a date for this one.At 83 going into my 16 surgery :eek: :wacko:.I am packing my bags and running away from home.:sick::ban:

Well ,injections not working as well I would think.So, looks like therapy on the shoulder will be next. Hmmm,you were right,about the weight. I got the pristine AT PRO detector in super shape looks like the buyer who was 86 did not use it?However its a 3 pounder so I shorten the rod and it help it . Got a pointer,digging tool, hand scoop from kelleyco.Had not had the chance to use it.GOOD MERCY just found out the hernia which I had operated 8 months ago,has gone BAD and will have to set up a date for this one.At 83 going into my 16 surgery :eek: :wacko:.I am packing my bags and running away from home.:sick::ban:
Man that sucks, but I had a feeling that ATP would seem heavy to you and with your shoulder issues I was afraid you would not be satisfied sorry to hear that

Well, I got it yesterday WOW its in pristine condition.I put it together ,the connectors were a little tight. Looks like it came from KELLYCO , the owner was 86 and was having a hard time . Hea guys wait to you hit the 80's your head says lets go detecting,but your body says "NO WAY" hmmm the body wins:laugh:.
Man my body at 65 is already telling me its getting close to time to hang it up, stupid things I done in my younger years and just plain stubbornness has taken its toll on me, then a car wreck that broke my back back in the 90s is starting to make things bad also two torn rotator cuffs that I never had fixed, its all catching up, I figure I have maybe 2-3 more years and I will be done detecting altogether

Man my body at 65 is already telling me its getting close to time to hang it up, stupid things I done in my younger years and just plain stubbornness has taken its toll on me, then a car wreck that broke my back back in the 90s is starting to make things bad also two torn rotator cuffs that I never had fixed, its all catching up, I figure I have maybe 2-3 more years and I will be done detecting altogether
Do not give up wait till you turn 80 :detecting:

Attachments

• a05ab1f2ab88bef23e92fb98314f5d79--metal-detecting-forum-cartoon-pics.jpg
    a05ab1f2ab88bef23e92fb98314f5d79--metal-detecting-forum-cartoon-pics.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 14
Do not give up wait till you turn 80 :detecting:
I'm trying but its getting to where the body isn't willing, I do go out and Nugget detect as often as I can, but I dig 1-4 targets and end up having to set down for an hour then dig 3 or 4 more targets and sit another hour, and its not the heat here in Arizona because where I live and detect the temps are in the 70s to 90s so its perfect detecting weather here

I’ll be 65 in a couple months…I have to detect… one of the guys I hunt with is turning 88 and he just keep going and going!