Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok guys and gals here we go some testing.

Jason in TN

Just got my vision last night and since we got hard rain today will be doing some testing and will take you guys along on some of it. All will be indoor air test just to see what the Vision will do.
All will be done in the common setting with low gain and sensitivity. Keep in mind these are air test under controlled conditions and in ground conditions may change your results.

First target is a barber Quarter

Search screen pick

Flat pic. analyze

And on Edge pic analyze

Same three pictures in order search screen, Analyze flat and then on edge. Interesting very small silver the 7.5 and the 22.5 hits harder than the 2.5.

Thanks Jason,

can you also make some airtest with dimes etc. and tell us the "depth" and the sens, gain etc. you tested with?

Depth on these test are 2 to 4 in can do a silver dime Sens is low and in common mode very conservative settings as i am in doors watching TV and testing it is raining alot here.
more test to come.

Ten Dollar gold looked like a Zinc. Here is the zinc penny for comparison. Size on middle picture may help to decide to dig. Graph is close to the same.

Jason

I love what i see here...

The analyze screen seem to get a good hit when the coil comes up to the coin, then it inverts. This have to have something to do with the currents around the coin...and will probably also be visble on an in ground target positioned perefect angle...

The ID nrs seem to be the same but the analyzer really sens something different and report it the same way on every coin.

This is really a tool and not just another bell and a whistle.....A very good tool.....

No on edge test on this one. I think there are enough of those to get the Idea on how it works on the coins. Bottle cap reject set factory defalt on this program at 0.
Gives a great tone but the search screen tells the story. Would jump on numbers on cosecutive sweeps. But always showed the smear.

Hey, Jason, are you sure about the clad dime being the same as a silver dime?

I've been told that when you test a "clad dime" with the Vision, the Analyze screen shows the 7.5 Khz frequency as the highest frequency wave pattern, as opposed to the 2.5 Khz frequency being the highest on a "silver dime".

Can you verify that?

Thanks,
CAPTN SE
Dan

captn_se said:

Hey, Jason, are you sure about the clad dime being the same as a silver dime?

I've been told that when you test a "clad dime" with the Vision, the Analyze screen shows the 7.5 Khz frequency as the highest frequency wave pattern, as opposed to the 2.5 Khz frequency being the highest on a "silver dime".

Can you verify that?

Thanks,
CAPTN SE
Dan

In my test just with the settings I explained and just checked again. both the silver and clad dime are almost identical in the analyze screen with the 2.5 hitting highest on both. Test done with a mercury and a 2007 dime.

Jason