Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok Folks here is the photo of Sutton's Bluff,

on the West Fork of the Black River in Centerville, MO below where my grandmother lived in her Log Cabin & on her farm which pertains to my stories I have been writing & posting! Miss my grandma, mom dad & brothers so very much! This was our Swimming hole, even had a rope to jump from on the Bluff side, some times a home made raft to play on! We camped & fished even at night--sure was fun times when we could enjoy time for it--but riding in the back of a pickup on a dusty, gravel road wasn't as we would be so dirty after getting back home--But a dip in our creek solved that! :lol: Ma

Wow what a swimming hole,looks like you could run a trot-line over night for some cat fish,nothing like fried cat fish early in the morning and good camp fire coffee yahooooo:clapping:

Yeh, fish have to be there for the catching, but there is a State Park Camp ground below the low water bridge on the other side of the river & since the bluff is part of the State Park now, I don't know if a trot-line would be allowed! All was free to us by the owners of the farm on which the bluffs are a part of but times have changed since I was a child umpteen million years ago it seems--well not quite but so much easier for everyone! Too many rules & regulations now plus having to pay for camping, although restrooms are better than a bunch of trees! :lol: Ma

Looks like a beautiful place for fun summer swimming and fishing!

Ma said:
although restrooms are better than a bunch of trees!

But those trees do help keep you stable! :rofl:

Well, Sis digger, the trees helped when desperate! :lol: Yes, we did enjoy the Bluffs & river as a family & many times with relatives & friends and shared with strangers when Summer Time packed them into a cool & beautiful place for picnicking & a FUN day! West Fork is spring fed with cold water just like the Bee Fork creek was & is on the farm that has five springs--one was with a large round Clay Tile that was cold temp year around & our spring box for cooling milk, butter & food items was built just below it--We had running water--my brother & I carried lots & lots of buckets of water into the house! :rofl: but was a chore to have enough for cooking, drinking, washing & bathing! I once had strong muscles! What happened? :shrug: But made good workers out of us! :thumbup: Love your humor! Sis Ma Betty

n/t

Well Mike, My ex & I did many times but not much found as the rising waters from floods changes the sand & gravel bars --burying deeper or uncovering--rugged Bluffs on the backside so I never detected there! I lost my wedding while swimming there because of the cold water shrinking my finger & too deep to find it & we weren't detecting when it was lost--The engagement ring & wedding ring were both lost when swimming in the Black River during a flood--my ex dived & recovered the wedding ring for I was over a road on shore covered with water but too deep to get it back as kept slipping away as he grabbed for them--than the wedding ring with small Diamond was the one I lost later swimming at Suttons Bluff--the rings were too large & never resized them--hopefully, when the water where the engagement ring was lost had receded someone may have found it ! Oh well--young & foolish then--ages ago!

The State Camp ground now would be a good place to detect I guess depending on how many PPL camped there & whether they had jewelry & money to lose--during the time I was growing up & my ex & I travelled (the 60's) PPL didn't have much to lose! But SILVER was more plentiful when lost & found! Ma

n/t

Yes, Mike, but my ex & I never water detected much & plenty of large Lime stones in the water on the Bluff side of West Fork--Did do some water hunting in The Current River near the shore at Van Buren, MO but a guy in a motor boat kept stirring up huge waves to keep us from detecting there, so had to leave! So guess it was his detecting spots along the shores! :shrug: My ex & I mostly hunted the land in SE MO when we visited his grandma & relatives! Did find some good stuff now & then--but many others who lived down there had detectors, too! Ma

Yes, Neil, one of South East MO beautiful places to see & enjoy! Now the forest areas are for growing POT & sneaking drugs in from Mexico & ETC! :veryangry: Ma

Thanks Rick; but all in the past which makes me sad to remember what was once so much fun with family & cousins! I will be 83 in July & too ill to do much of anything any more! :sad: Ma