Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok exprts ,,advice,please

A

Anonymous

If I am balanced, noice canceled to best channel.However manual or auto sensitivity I experience falsing on every cut weed stem or grass clump?? Do I cut sensitivity down or what??Thanks ahead of time ,,cs

Hey Charlie, if you dont have the Sunray coil inserts get them, it cuts down on the falsing from twigs etc getting caught in the open coil by a ton

I had a similar problem when every time I tapped the edge of the coil on something, I would get a false signal.... I took off the coil cover and cleaned out all the dirt build-up and water inside the cover and reattached.... problem solved. If you notice your problem in wet grass/weather, give that a try... HH, Mike.
PS.. other detectorists are using silicone sealer to weatherproof the edges of the coil cover, so that water and dirt can't get in there.

Good advice Mike ... but you gotta watch that silicone sealer as it can give you a false sense of security especially if you hunt in shallow water and submerge the coil.
I thought I was protected but my detector got so erratic once I stripped off the silicone and coil cover and found water and mineralized sand in it. Just like you said above cleaning it up made all the world of diffence. It seemed like a new detector and was as stable as a rock. This erratic operation can creep up on you so subtly that you can miss the obvious.
HH ... Gord.

....works great. I used it on the Sov's coil cover/coil and now the XS's coil cover/coil, seals it up well blocking dirt, dust, sand, mud, rain, ect. This does not waterproof it.
GL/HH

Thanks for info,,,Hmmm havent cleaned coil cover in several weeks,,since trip to beach,,so its got some sand in it,,Got an invite to look 5 old house sites(circa 1850 or before)nothing left but parts of chimneys.On private land in the middle of nowhere,,Cant wait to get started.thanks agin cs

I notice that with both the Explorer and the Sovereign that they are so sensitive that a small amount of water or dirt in the loopcover makes a difference.
Good Luck Charlie.
Rick