Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok enough of this lousy weather :D

Royal

I got up early this morning and did the lawn and it is a good thing. Mary and I were about to hop on the scooter for a ride and I came down to check the web. I went back up stairs and it was raining like heck. A few minutes earlier it was sunny.

I was watching it out back and then I looked and the hail started coming down. It was almost twice as big as a pencil eraser and I am sure glad we were not on the river and there are a lot of people on it right now or on the scooter.

The sun is shining again right now :D

[attachment 94812 hail-1.jpg]

[attachment 94813 hail-2.jpg]

just got in the house and it is hailing again. Man did we time it right :D

My daughters in laws are in from Wisconsin for my grand daughters wedding yesterday and they were saying just after they got here they received a call from the house sitter that the basement was flooding and one pump did not work. Guess a friend came over and got it working but some of them flew out this early this morning. They were pretty worried. Thats all you see on the news lately is crazy weather all over the place. For sure are weather has made a change. Lets hope its only a glitch and it returns to normal.

Were any of the ice pellets big enough to do damage?

Geo

is actually the first time for that to happen up here so there must be something coming :D

the same problem with our dish. Once the leaves get on the trees, they are reflective and kill the signal or is the storms are in between us and the satellite we will lose it from time to time. Dish Network here is very low on the horizon. Aiming through tree cover in summer we loose signal quite a bit. Soon as the thunder storm is gone its right back. I have those big oaks targeted for fire wood. I wanted to drop them before the leaves got on them but didn't. I've cut all of them limbs I can. I've shot off a lot of them just out of reach with the shotgun. That cracks my wife up. She calls me Elmer Fudd. LOL...... I have telephone spur's but no tree spurs for climbing anymore. Lent them out and never saw them again.... They will heat me at some point. If I get mad enough missing shows they will go down now. I can't miss my History Channel, Nova, The Universe and all the specials on Nature....

Geo

too! Woke up night before last to the dangdest rain, thunder and lightening storm, and it did it all night long! Been really humid, and picking up dead limbs keeps the guys busy. My rose garden looks terrible. Maybe next year I can whip it back into shape though! :)

I have never done is shoot off a limb with a shotgun. I did shoot out a big ole spot light that a car lot put up right next to my property before I sold the old home place! Tom couldn't believe it. I used my 9mm Rugger.........it did the trick. We do use the rifle to shoot down miseltoe at Christmas though! :)

had the problem up here. Lots of storms and heavy winter snow and I never lose signal.

In waterford I have lost signal for days at a time but they finally moved the dish and I have not lost it in the past year. I just checked and the signal was only out for about 10 minutes

I was out working and the sun was shining...... and it was hailing!! Go figure..

However, this should be an easy year for forest fires..

Fair winds

Mikie

Mary has gone to aerobics and I am headed to the local watering hole to play a few hands of euchre[attachment 95233 weather1.jpg][attachment 95234 weather2.jpg] :(