Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Odd Recovery Numbers???:confused:

metaltaylor4

Today when I went out for the first time with my SE pro, I was getting odd recovery signals. I would hit a target and say i would get 03-28. I would wave it again and then get like 11-26?? completely different...and also it was like my detector wasn't ""refreshing"". I would get a signal with a number, wave it over and over and that first signal would like ""freeze"" on the screen and just go away when i stopped waving it. when stopping to wave it, it would get that completely different number and that number would freeze again until i stopped it in which i would get another odd number?? can someone help me?

Yes its a bummer... If you buy Andy Sabisch's book it explains how the EX uses algorithms to interpret the signals "there is no true metallurgical analysis" it says on page 13. I think that has something to do with it. That book is incredibly thorough I really suggest it to anyone with a EX or Etrac. What ever they did, the Minelab machines are a marvel of technology and truly outshine other detectors after you get past a small learning curve. Good Luck!

Its very important on the explorers to keep the dirt and water cleaned out between the coil and the coil cover.
This has been my experience on the symptoms you mentioned.

alright I think ill try that book out. and I'll make sure it's cleaned thanks again. All of the sounds seem the same to me too haha obviously because i am new to it but i hear the silver coins get a distinct sound right? and I'm guessing high pitched..

The display does not refresh with the correct ID until the threshold returns. Either move the coil off to the side of the target or lift straight up to get the threshold & correct ID. Also if you have your sensitivity set to high where you are getting constant false signals it is impossible to get a good id..

Lower sensitivity until detector is completely false free,
locate your target,
raise coil & wait for threshold to return,
read ID ...wildherre