Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Obtaining Military Records.... FREE... Go to

Ron J

Military.com , near the top nearer the left, on a narrow border, click on Benefits, a small window opens, scroll down to Records. From here scroll down to "getting Military records of Military Personnel & others. Click on the "Standard form 180" request pertaining to military records. Print it, fill it out, and fax or mail . ....>It may take a week or a few weeks, but you will receive a copy of every single form, your Dad or relative signed, beneficiary's, and where /when they were stationed. You could be overwhelmed reading what you get. Depends on the length of career. Personally i got a folder of my Dads career and it was quite thick! Copy's of documents from 1924 to 1951, from enlisting to retirement. From this i was able to know every single Life Saving station/ Coast Guard station, different address's the family lived at, what vessel he served on, and where it sailed. All this is priceless, when the parent or relative has passed on! All information that would have been lost to the family, cause this Special generation would not talk about it! Same with some of you Vietnam Vets! You need to pass your legacy down to the family.