Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

O rings for Tejon?

Arch Stanton

I called Tesoro about putting o-rings on my Tejon. They told me that I need to slip them over the knobs so as not to loosen the nuts resulting in internal damage to the unit. What size do you need? How do you get them over the knobs? I have some o-rings, but I don't know the size, but there is no way they will fit over the knobs. Thank you for any input. HH.

I used a small hex wrench and removed the knobs, I used a grease pencil to mark the knobs and the machine so I could line them up and get the knobs on right after finishing and then I just put a small O-Ring around the posts. Once I did this I put it all back together and it worked like a charm. I have a Deleon but I cannot see how this would be any different for the Tejon. I don't see how stretching an O-Ring over the knob wouldn't deform the ring and make it useless.

Or one of those eraser pencils that you pull the sting and peel off a layer to expose more eraser. You can easily roll the o-ring onto the pointed end of the pencil, then butt the flat end up against the top of the knob, centering it. You can then easily roll the o-ring right onto the knob with little effort. Then simply roll it all the way down the knob onto the shaft. This works great for the small knobs but you will need a larger diameter tool to roll one on to the larger knob.

Instead of finding O rings, I made washers from leather. Works great, gives the needed drag or friction. Take off knob and add one or two washers and press knob down a little when tightening set screw on side of knob.

I received some o-rings, but they look kind of small. It's going to take some stretching to get them over the knobs. Thanks again for the help and comments. HH.