Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Number of Tones vs Depth Question

Brainwasher

After reading the manual, I think I understand how the ground balance, sensitivity, discrimination, and the processing modes will affect depth, but I have noticed some posts which indicate the number of tones may also have an effect on depth. I realize that everyone is going to have their own personal preferences on the number of tones they want to hear, but I'm interested in knowing if the number of tones selected affect the depth in any way. If so, what tone setting should get the best depth if everything else is equal ie...ground balance, sensitivity, discrimination and processng mode, and which setting should get the least depth with everything else being equal? or will the number of tones have any affect on depth at all? Thanks for the help.

No, I'm using the small coil and am getting a dime at about 8". I live in SE TX and it depends on what kind of soil you have on how deep you will get a dime.

depends on exactly what we are talking about though. While I dont think the number of tones chosen will make the machine any more sensitve to deeper targets, you "MAY' dig a few deeper keepers digging in monotone, and digging the marginal targets, that you might not dig or investigate in one of the multitone modes. LOTS of extra diggin for a "maybe" though!! Streak!

Say, by the way, care to tell us all how you got your name "Streak!"?? I have an idea, but I would like to hear your story.