Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Number 26....

Ted S

It has been very dry here in my part of Iowa. So we are limited to hunting fields. My hunting partner and I hit the site of a schoolhouse that was active from 1875 till sometime in the 1950s. We got there and much to our disappointment some slob hunter already was there. There was holes all over the place as he dug but never covered his holes. There is nothing that tees me off more than this when coin hunting. My buddy got the find of the day. An 1867 Indian penny. I scored around 4 green wheats and a 46 Roosevelt dime. So that is the 26th silver coin for the year as my goal is 30 silver coins for the season. No pics today...Just a good story! Good luck and HH! Ted

Nice job on yet another silver coin to get you closer to your goal!!!
I ran up on the same thing last year in a school yard.... someone has been detectIng along the building where it was shady and left quite a few holes uncovered.... looks like they were using a full sized shovel... I found coins that they missed... some very close to where they dug too.
That stuff will get us all in trouble.

Thanks guys! Yeah...I can see giving the dude a boot to the butt! We are going to tell the farmer what went on. I think the guy was a newbie...The 1867 Indian came from a dug hole...My buddy got it!

Congratulations on # 26! 30 is right around the corner for you!

The field is hard digging. I bet I am losing some depth. That being said,I got a 1919 wheatie and number 27 was a well worn 1918 mercury dime...I am getting closer! :clapping:

We are all watching you for that 30th silver post TED !.... Sometimes they dig like that and never recover the coins....re-check their holes too !

Nice job Ted keep on looking for it that’s my motto!
I did ok yesterday with a few Indians and a two center no silver coins but found two new greens to hit!
Mark

Guys...I am taking the day off! Supposed to be rain coming thru tonight! This is kind of special for me. Last year I only had 11 silver coins. Who knows? Maybe with a big push I will get closer to 40?