Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nuggett shooting with a tejon

dirthound

Hello I heard people were nuggett hunting in australia with a tejon.I was wondering how it handles the bad ground because I dont think you can lower the sensitivity in the all metal mode. And how much more power does it have compared to a lobo supertraq? thanks

I have had both and they are about the same for nugget hunting. They will find larger nuggets with no problem, but the super trax is better with the ground tracking, for hunting smaller nuggets. When using any detector with ground track, remember to take it out of the tracking mode when a weak signal shows so that you will not tune it out. I now use a Minelab X-Terra 70. With all of the different coils, it is a good nugget detector.

Dirthound. Just because they are "Nugget Hunting with a Tejon", does not mean they were doing really well? I know of many people who nugget hunt with their Coin Machines. Only problem is...most are not very Successful.

The Tejon is a great "Relic Machine" and can easily be used for larger Gold Nuggets. The factory stock coil is larger than the one that comes with the LST, so that will give it better depth than the LST on larger gold. The LST is better for smaller nuggets

Steve is correct in that the LST has better control and adjustments in varying soil conditions.
Of the 2 you mentioned, I recommend the LST for the majority of Nugget Hunting.
As of the X-70 that Steve also mentioned. It too is a fine and True Multi Purpose Detector.
In my opinion, the LST is outdated and needs a good update. Same with the Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger too.
Now all of you LST or Stinger fans...please don't jump all over this... We both know they are great Multi Purpose units, but when compared to some of the newer technology and trying to keep close to the same price, they (LST and Stinger) need an upgrade.
I also feel the GB-2 is due for an upgrade, but Fisher needs to get a handle on some of their other issues 1st.

Bottom line. I have a customer in the Garrett Ads who found a nice nugget with her Ace-250. That does not make it a great Nugget Machine...
Put yourself in the right area, know your detector and anything can happen.

Good Luck. Gerry