Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nubble Light.....York Beach Village, Maine

Ron J

The last couple of days have been windy and rainy around New England. I don't let that keep me inside, though, it just means no yard work for awhile, so lets go for a ride! I am gonna skip Sundays ride. I am on Vaca this week, so Al and I took a ride to Maine. A little antiquing here and there. Al never saw Nubble Light, so i made it a point to take him there. I have posted pictures before, but it is such a beautiful location, i have to show some more. It was raining cats & dogs, but who cares? So you may get wet.[attachment 89031 100_1076.jpg][attachment 89032 100_1075.jpg] Here is access, but not for the public! Even if it were i may think twice about the ride, although it looks like being a daredevil would be worth it![attachment 89033 100_1079.jpg][attachment 89035 100_1089.jpg][attachment 89034 100_1115.jpg] The Red building would have been storage for Whale oil that the caretaker would use to keep the light burning.[attachment 89037 100_1104.jpg] Enjoy the pics! :D Rj

[attachment 89039 100_1077.jpg]If any of you want a photo emailed to you, let me know..Rj[attachment 89038 100_1074.jpg][attachment 89040 100_1082.jpg][attachment 89041 100_1097.jpg][attachment 89042 100_1101.jpg][attachment 89043 100_1102.jpg][attachment 89043 100_1102.jpg]

If any don't know how, just right click on the image, almost any image on the web and select-Save Image As- and select a spot on your computer, I usually just save them to the desktop and give them a name and you got them!! Save the enlarged picture

little basket thing hanging from the steel cable. If you fell out of that thing, you would be gone...your body would be washed out to sea and eaten by the sharks. That area is so beautiful, but at the same time, so remote and lonely looking. I wonder if there are any ghost living in that house? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Like I have already said, that area is remote looking...beautiful, but spooky looking at the same time. When viewing these photos, you can't help but wonder about all the folks that have passed through this area, what their lives were like. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Yesterdays drive to Portland Maine was a two hour trip each way,if you went the highway. I drove the highway to go up, but take the scenic rte back. If you follow Rte 1 South, you kind of travel in a more straight road, with many places of interest, antique shops etc. If you follow Rte 1A, its more winding, but brings you along the Sea shore in many many places. I travel on both,knowing where to get off an on. A great Bike ride from here,in Beverly, is to travel North on 1A along the coast through Ipswich, Newburyport,Salisbury Beach, into Hampton N.H., along Rye Beach, into "Portsmouth N.H.,then into Maine. Some of the coast is breathtaking, no matter how many times you see it! I haven't done this yet, but in Portland Maine, you can catch "The Cat", a huge Catamaran, that ferry's you to Nova Scotia, Canada. It Carry's your car or bike. I have heard Nova Scotia is a breathtaking ride also.. In New England, in most places, the towns are along side of each other, not ten or fifty miles of space between. On the other hand, there is plenty of open spave, woods, or fields etc. Some are commercialized heavily, such as Salem, but alot are quaint little villages, kind of like George's area in Conn. What ever you need is available within a 5 to 30 minute ride. Most every city or town seems to have a statue or cannon or some kind of memorial for the Civil War, and of course the WWI / WWII.

We are closer to Mexico than we are to another state. I would be in hog heaven up there in New England...so many places to take some great pictures while riding the motorcycle. I keep thinking that Salem was where many years ago that folks would burn a witch to death while tied to a pole and brush pile. You folks had the big tea party up there too where the Americans threw the boxes of tea off some ships. So much of the history that we read about in the books while in school took place up there where you live. Ron, you are lucky to live where there is so much history. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

to waken the soul. I really like the sound of the sea breaking on land. I love to go to Watch Hill RI during a storm day or night. When it stops have your detecting gear handy if your on a big beach. No telling what might be uncovered or washed up on the beach.

I read something on that one where the locals didn't like the color or the new generator house they build and made them paint it read like the old one was. I assume that's it in the picture........ I like down east folks, leave it like you found.....

tnx Ron.