Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox with 6" coil kills it at a WW1/WW2 dump site

Dan(NM)

Met up with a couple of fellow hunters to hunt a WW1/WW2 dump site, it was a button feast today. Also was able to score 2 mercs, a barber and a wheat. Overall a great way to celebrate Independence Day, thanks for looking.

Describe this “dump” for us Dan, would you? This is like a big pile of leftovers or a training camp or similar? How did you know about this area to begin with? You did have a good day!

IDXMonster said:
Describe this “dump” for us Dan, would you? This is like a big pile of leftovers or a training camp or similar? How did you know about this area to begin with? You did have a good day!

It's basically a military trash site. It looks like they took old barracks, tore them down, dumped them and everything, inside then burned it at these sites. Next time I go, I'll take a picture of the trash we dig along with all the crap that's scattered everywhere. It looks like after they burned what they could, they took a front end loader and spread it out over an acre or more. It must be over 12-18" deep in spots, it's a crazy place to hunt!!

I found out about it from a friend of a friend who lives nearby the site, he told exactly where to go and we did :)

Nice stash of goodies Dan!! Any thoughts on settings Iron bias, recovery speed …….This is what the 6 is made for - high concentration of targets.
HH Jeff

laplander said:
Nice stash of goodies Dan!! Any thoughts on settings Iron bias, recovery speed …….This is what the 6 is made for - high concentration of targets.
HH Jeff

Thanks Jeff! My settings were:

Park 1

GB 0, no place to ground balance here :)

Sens- 18

No disc

Recovery speed 6

Iron bias 0

2 tones

Using tone pitch set to 1 from -9 to +15 Tone pitch set at 25 from +16 up

Volume set at 12 from -9 to +15 25 from +16 up

Rather slow swing until I get a high tone then do the wiggle to isolate the target.

Only digging from +16 and up due to unreal amount of brass, aluminum, copper that is everywhere, not to mention pieces of iron of every size and shape. I'm sure I left something good behind, but, my buddies were digging the lower numbers and didn't find anything I'd lose sleep over not finding :)

Dan,
Looks like you had a great hunt. Probably be going back there quiet a few more times. :beers:

Nice finds Dan!

Excellent site. Congrats just for locating that honey hole. 2nd congrats on finding some great targets.

You might want to check Calabash's video's about low numbers. He's found buttons at civil war sites in the 8 + 9 range. Although, with the amount of trash I understand your logic. Nail all the good stuff now, maybe go back for low tomes once the good high tones run dry.

loose lips sink ships. :twodetecting:

Trailduster said:
Excellent site. Congrats just for locating that honey hole. 2nd congrats on finding some great targets.

You might want to check Calabash's video's about low numbers. He's found buttons at civil war sites in the 8 + 9 range. Although, with the amount of trash I understand your logic. Nail all the good stuff now, maybe go back for low tomes once the good high tones run dry.

loose lips sink ships. :twodetecting:

It's almost a 2 hour drive one way, if it was closer, I'd drop my tone break down and see what's hiding there among the lower numbers.

yikes. that is tough. 4 hours driving is 4hrs not putting coil to dirt. and there's only so much daylight.

Trailduster said:
yikes. that is tough. 4 hours driving is 4hrs not putting coil to dirt. and there's only so much daylight.

Lol...yep up at 3, hit the road, hunt as long as ya can stand the heat, then head home. It makes for a long, but, satisfying day :)

What a place! Interesting, your settings pretty much mirror mine, and they seem to work well...at least I’ve found some deeper ones that way. I like the Recovery faster with a slower swing, as opposed to slower Recovery and a faster swing. I like the short, abrupt but PUNCTUATED response I get from a setting of 5 or 6, most of the time it’s 6. I feel the TID is more accurate this way also, along with the depth indication. Just my own feeling about it...
In my circles, the FBS machines coupled with an Equinox of some kind seems to be making people pretty happy about having those kinds of options that continuously produce results! You’re making it look easy, stop already!!:yo:

What a terrific site that you have found and the finds thus far are pretty amazing,must admit i really like using the 6'' coil on my Equinox for my trashy roman/saxon sites but at the moment i am experimenting and will probably stay the same ongoing with a slow recovery speed with the 6'' coil for some extra depth and also i for the most part swing with a slow methodical swing speed.......that way i feel that i dont miss much also prefer using 2 tones as well,occasionally 5 tones but certainly never 50 tones as that just fties my brain with all the audio input.