Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now to start on September finds:minelab:

BAMofNH

I should have listened to Charlesofupstateny when he told me a couple of months ago to start posting my findings. So I have a couple more months of catch up.
This is a Silver Plated Ring (no marks)
[attachment 73126 SilverPlatedRingTiffany09-01-07NoMark.jpg]

This is a 14K Gold Band and it weighs in at 8.25 grams :yikes:
[attachment 73127 GoldBand14K09-03-07.JPG]

This is a 14K Gold Ear Ring. This target signal was very faint and sometimes disappeared altogether. Even after digging it up and laying it on top of the sand, it was hard to get a signal, unless I put it on edge slightly. It has very sharp edges. I called it the Stealth Ear Ring. I threw it on the sand in front of Charles and he was a bit surprised how hard it was to detect too. This is one I won't forget. :shrug:
[attachment 73128 GoldEarRing14K09-09-07.JPG]

This is a Silver Ring 925
[attachment 73129 SilverRing92509-09-07.jpg]

This is a Silver Claddagh Ring
[attachment 73132 SilverRing925Claddagh09-09-07.jpg]

This is a old Silver Ring it is very thin, my wife was extra careful when cleaning this one.
[attachment 73133 SilverRingOldampThin09-09-07.jpg]
:detecting:

Gulf Hunter, I found it on-line for like $150. I thought that was crazy cause it shows worn marks on it and looks goldish like brass under the silver. I will try to take a better picture so you can see and maybe give me a little needed feed back. Thanks

My thoughts are that you are dry sand hunting with your machine, because not one of those pieces looks like it has ever been in the water.

The Excal may not find as small gold as some PI machines or others, but I have found some impressively small stuff with it and lots of small ladies gold of the "pay-off" variety with my Excal and plenty of coin and jewelry finds that were DEEP in the hard-pack salt sand. The Excal is simply an outstanding beach machine and mine has paid for itself MANY times over in the almost 3 years I've had it.

Here are a few of my beach finds...

[attachment 73157 Sep8a.jpg]

[attachment 73160 kiss.jpg]

[attachment 73153 0722a.jpg]

[attachment 73155 0723b.jpg]

[attachment 73154 8-10-2006a.jpg]

[attachment 73156 Noel1.jpg]

Well the Minelab machines are pretty solid, whether it's at the beach or the parks or the woods or farmfields. I do all that kind of hunting...beach only in the summer and the rest of it this time of year. I use the Sovereign GT as my main land unit now...that and the CZ-70 as a backup. I like coin shooting best with the CZ and the GT would be my choice for relic hunting, farm fileds, or as a backup machine for the Excal on the beach.

Certainly there are many great machines out there other than Minelabs. The biggest part of success is WHERE you hunt. Then HOW you hunt. Then the MACHINE you hunt with, in my opinion. The other thing that has to be considered is "fun factor". I ENJOY hunting with all my machines. I like the way they hit targets, the way they ID targets, and the way they "handle". I have hunted with machines in the past with which I was successful but just weren't FUN to hunt with. When I find one that hunts well AND that I really LIKE, I stick with it. I think I'm good for a while right now, until they come out with one that shows you a picture of the actual target on the display and then digs it for you. :lol:

Tabdog, here is a pic. of some of the small pieces of gold I have found with the Excal. 1000, all were in the water. I found a 10k back to a post earring last summer in the wet sand and it was very small. So as for how small of a piece the Excal. will find I can say small. Now as far as junk I have picked up shotgun shell shot smaller than a BB, but who wants that junk. Run slow and silent, listen for the chirps. HH

14K EARRING ON RIGHT- 10K EARRING ON LEFT- 10K MEDALLION AT BOTTOM

[attachment 73181 Joesnewtreasures175.jpg]

:minelab:Tabdog, I pretty much only hunt the wet sand unless heading back to the car. For the 4 short months I've been detecting I have learned that there are a lot of Slobs that use our beautiful beaches and bury their trash instead of carrying it out. So I mostly hunt wet. As far as small, My ExplorerSE has found many things that slip through my scoop. 1/2' holes. I found a little gold star stud ear ring that was no larger than an1/8" and some tiny pieces of flat round metal like rivets that were between 1/16" & 1/8". I will take some pictures with coins in them for size comparison and post them if time allows tomorrow. I love the machine don't have anything to compare it to, but I can tell the differences between round tabs and square tabs. But I'm not sure what a Tabdog would come up like. :laugh: