Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now This Is The Way To Get Your Exercise!

You've hit the nail on the head Ma and that is why it will go the same way as the sinclair C5 did in the eighties.......nowhere.These vehicles really do have a place but not at this time.A great scheme for vehicles like these would be in big congested cities where getting around in a large vehicle is becoming more difficult.Most of the time in a busy city you sit in traffic and when you do get going you crawl along at a slow pace anyway.Why not put a perimeter around the big cities where large vehicles have to park up......drivers could then pay a small fee to hire a small electric vehicle and zip round much more efficiently and create far less pollution as a bonus.There are many small electric vehicles appearing on the market and if everybody was using them they would be a safe form of transport.
A scheme like this will eventually happen but not for a long time yet as the technology has to be improved further so that the batteries give better ranges.

I respectfully disagree. The time for electric vehicles is now! This company is growing so fast that they cannot keep up with demand. And, if we're going to continue down the road of using oil, let it be DOMESTIC OIL - NOT from those that hate us! No more South American oil imports -period!

I don't think I made myself as clear as I should have.I believe that we should embrace this technology right now but most will not.You are totally correct,the time for these vehicles is now but how many people do you believe will buy and use this type of vehicle right now.People need educating about greener forms of transport but many see their vehicles as status symbols and would not be seen dead in a small electric vehicle.It is time to embrace this technology but it will be years before it is and this is what I mean't.
I really hope that this company can keep pushing forward and get as many people to use such vehicles as possible.However,as I said before,would you want to drive it down a busy street surrounded by large trucks and cars?It would only take some idiot using their mobile phone whilst driving to turn it into scrap.This is why these vehicles need government backing to create schemes that will make it practical to use them safely....it's just not going to happen any time soon as too many people make too much money from oil.
I am in total agreement with you on this issue SS but it will be a long time yet before we see widespread use of such vehicles which is a shame,because as you rightly say we need them now.

Best regards,neil.

Actually 2014 will be the year the every day consumer is educated in 'Electric Transportation' with the many new battery powered cars coming to market. Many of these cars are well made and reasonably priced. The New Nisan, the Fiat, the New Ford, and so many others will be hard to pass up as they will be less expensive that their gas counter parts. Up to now that hasn't been the case but things are changing and it's about time. Oil or no oil ... we simply cannot afford to ignore the obvious anymore. Simply put .. either we get on board or we'll be left behind! Period!