Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now here was a Fun find!…...

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
I don't often hunt for clad, but now and then I will hit some tot lots looking for possible jewelry and dig the clad as I go. I take my daughter and she rides her bike while I detect. This particular site has sand in the play areas so I bring my adjustable sand scoop that I use on dry sand beaches. I had a few coins and I was detecting under some swings when I got a good coin hit. Well I scooped one then had another target so scooped got two more etc… Seems there was a pocket spill so I dug deep in the middle of the target and then shook the sand out. I looked in the scoop and was surprised to see over 30 coins in the scoop! OK this didn't seem to be a spill, but more like buried treasure by some kid. By the time I was done I had dug 72 coins from that hole! It was a new record for coins in one hole. Previous record was 49 pennies. There was a 1935 wheat and a 1950 Canadian penny in that mini cache. Total coins from that tot lot was 81. Like most I have my cell phone on me while detecting. The pic of coins in the scoop is right after shaking the sand out from the scoop as it happened. $4.50 clad total and two keepers.
[attachment 329051 IMG_1931.JPG] [attachment 329052 IMG_1932.JPG]

Fantastic Mike! My best find was a roll of quarters in one hole. Apparently some kid had a roll of quarters, in his/her pocket, and drop it in the soft dirt. It still amazes me that another kid didn't find it before I did. The paper had rotted away and all that was left was the quarters. Some strange things come out of tot lots.

They must have been buried on purpose. What a fun time you must have had.
I dug a roll of pennies under the swings one time. Steve in so la

Yes, finding those coins in one hole is always a happy dig! I found pennies (don't remember how many) around a tree after our club hunt was over, so guess someone dumped their pennies there but I keep even one penny I find, for they do add up over time! Congrats and glad you and Grace had a good time being together on an outing! It was on Mother's Day and I had asked God to please help me to find a silver $...well I found two silver quarters and one silver halve which made a $1.00 amount of silver found! Sometimes our Lord is humorous! Good times and good memories! :) Ma