Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now here is one bad p**sy cat!!

Micheal_R

Staff member
And I mean bad. Alice and I were working on the cabin and the grandkids were doing the grandkid things. Matthew came up and asked where he could find some frogs or toads. We told him go to the north field and look in the ditches there. The horse is perfectly safe so we had no fears on that score. After 10 to 15 minutes the horse just starts to go crazy... running, snorting , head up, tail up and blindly running. Alice got down off the ladder and went to get the grandson out of the way and to see what was going on. She called Matthew and he came out with the horse at his side, very alert. When he was safely out of the paddock, Alice went in searched.

The horse would not leave her side.. in fact, when she got to a certain point, the horse just stopped and nudged her and stared. She saw nothing and continued on, horse beside her. Coming back, the horse again stopped and nudged her and stared . Then the horse looked at Alice with a "can't you see it lady" look. She moved a couple of steps to the right and saw this kitty. She called me and told me what we had. I got the rifle and did my duty. This thing was 40-50 FEET!!! from my grandchild. It was as skinny as a rail and obviously looking for an easy prey!! He was it. When I dropped it, I was perhaps 25-30 feet and it was showing none of the classic 'lets get outta here' signs. In fact, he was ready to face me down. While I have no love of doing this, when it comes to grandkids, there was no question.

[attachment 100795 cougar-002.jpg]

Fair winds

Mikie

you say he was skinny, how were his teeth? You have livestock you can not have them hanging around for sure. Can you keep it or do you have to turn it in to the fish cops?

Down here in South Texas it would not be normal for a Mountain Lion to come this close to a house, or people unless something was wrong with it...old age, sick, or what ever. Thank goodness Alice and the horse spotted the large cat. Thanks for letting us know about this and for posting the photo of the cat. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Thank God for the horses warning and you were there to take care of business. My grandsons are spending lots of time with us and they were raised in the city and know little about wildlife. Just this past week I warned them that if they ever come into contact with a coyote, fox, or any wild animal that appears to be unafraid or tame....to get away from it at once! We have several cases of rabies here every year about this time. Glad everyone is safe out your way.

have him checked for rabies also. That seems unusual behavior for them. Good that the horse alerted you. How would you of ever known he was even there. Are there a fair amount of them around those parts? One big cat for sure. I see what little cats can do only imagine what these can do. Beautiful animal but when it comes to us ending up on the food chain, you did what needed to be done. Glad it all turned out ok.

George

n/t

He will scare all other animals away from the farm with just the site of him. Turns red in summer and blue in winter. Easy to spot that way

Cougars are one of the few animals i really detest. I believe they are a greater threat to humans than any other animal other than the Polar bear. Being cats they are pure predator and have zero respect for humans these days as they are not hunted enough.
As you well know we have way too many on the Island and on occasion we have had a visit, they only get to visit ONCE if i am watching as walking into a persons yard when they can plainly see and hear us and when there are millions of acres nearby calls for capital punishment in my court.:devil:
Thankfully it was you that responded and not some ARA! Your grandkids are safe and so are the neighbors!

Are you gonna use Borax and tanning oil?:biggrin: