Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now here is a sun set to remember.

George-CT

Can't wait for summer to return. Got the tent, the dog and canoe, just need the weather. Geo-CT

seeing it here yet. Ground still frozen. More snow this weekend. Yet March is usually the end of it, In like a Lion and out like a lamb normally holds pretty true. I could just see a trout breaking the surface to suck up a trout in that picture. Toss in the call of a Loon and I'm about all set. I do like the outdoors and I know you do also. Last year March here was a tough month. Hope this year its back the the lamb act. Fact it can start now. Its not to bad here now, 18 tonight and its slowly getting higher each week. Days we are seeing make it into the mid 40's at time.....After winter, those seem pretty nice, shirt sleeve weather. I fired up the road bike again today, but didn't want it take it on the roads yet. Still salt on them and I don't want that on the chrome or in places on those V-Twins you can't get at to easy. I rode it around the frozen pasture and put it back in the shed. The frozen horse meadow muffins make good jumps for the dirt bikes... Just watch the moon eclipse here for a few hours. If one is a night hunter it was a good night to move around. Pretty bright out there. Could almost read a paper.

Geo-CT

n/t

n/t

but looks like Glacier or the Tetons perhaps. I just liked it so grabbed it. Royal, I'm hoping they didn't shoot down one of our GPS satilites by accident. Just turned it on and looks like I have 11 of them on the screen right now. LOL..... Got to protect our Geocaching. Hows that CSX treating you so far? I loaded in a bunch of them yesterday for different areas around here I plan to be next to in the next 3 weeks. Might as well grab a few while down there. Been pretty nasty weather wise or we get a melt and the brooks are so high I can't cross them. This is a hilly area so the brooks get moving pretty good. I went to one a week ago on a decent day but could not get across that brook due to the beavers being busy. They flooded it way back beyond the normal banks of the brook. I want to go detecting in RI so I looked some up along the beaches there. Usually find them in rest areas or along I 95 down that way. Lots of Travel bugs on I-95. They move pretty fast up and down that corridor. My wife has been using the GPS a lot lately as they map their new horse trails they are cutting in the CT State Forest. They mark the trails, give a map of them to the state DEP guys and they go back later and widen them with their equipment. They are happy to do it to get the horses off the old Airline trails, which we had always used, but they made it a hiker/ mountain biker trail and they don't like horse droppings along them. It was find until we helped them secure them, now they want us off. So they have been putting trails in a lot of the un used state parks or under used. A lot of people here sell their farms to the State of CT in a program that gives them and the family life long use of the home, and the land always stays undeveloped and you don't pay taxes on it. It can only be used for non paying recreation. Fact here, as long as you don't charge a fee, if you let people on your farm to hunt, or fish, or ride horses and they get hurt, they cannot sue you. That law opened up a lot of land for hiking, bird watching etc.

George-CT

n/t

rugged, you know, sharper and more jagged. I don't know.

I have not been out in the woods for quite a while. I am down tending Mary as she had that operation and is mending, in fact she just went back to work and now her back is thrown out. I am going absolutely nuts down here and doing nothing. Lots to do up north, maybe I will get back up there next week.

I have had a few find my cashes around Marl lake this winter but expect that to really pick up as soon as the weather breaks.

the reflection of that one in the lake also. I have it here somewhere.. Hope Marys back gets better soon. Those can put you out of commission real quick like. I've had about enough of being indoors for sure. Just looking at the weather here for next week and I see temps in the 40's most of the week so thats a good sign. Night's still in the 20's. Lets the frost out of the ground easier.

Your geocaches will be busy come spring. I had one at one of mine about a week ago, but otherwise, they have been in hibernation. Hilly here and lot of ice this year, so easy to get hurt and twist and ankle. I see on the news you guys taking a beating up north there with the cold and snow. At least when it all melts, all your brooks and rivers will be running good for your kayaks.

Geo-CT

It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited.

n/t

Many Glacier park too and it is stunning