Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Now here is a pile of nice old coins!

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
Sunday was the seeded competition part of our club hunt. Here is my haul. Included are Barber and Walking Liberty halves, Standing Liberty and silver Washington quarters, Barber and Mercury dimes, V and Buffalo nickels, and Indian head pennies. I also found 7 tokens good for prizes. What a great hunt!!!
[attachment 291257 DSC00608.JPG]

WoW Mike, are you the only one that showed up for the hunt? :)

Dumb question, I know, but a seeded hunt is where coins are pre-planted right? If so is it easy to see where the coin has been planted by the disturbed soil?
Great haul by the way!

Seeded hunts are fun and great but the ones, who go detecting often and are proficient in finding the most, are the best in finding the most of what has been hidden! I know because I had gone to several and the men who were good detectorists were the ones who gathered the most at the club hunts and also found the most tokens for the better prizes! I guess the best detectorists with the good detectors, who know them very well, are the faster hunters and diggers! Congrats on all you found but some others I am sure were slower and not so lucky and efficient in the seeded hunts! Been there and I do know! May God Bless to continue the proficient and dedicated treasure hunting wherever you may go and find the goodies! Amen! :angel: Ma

Well, it depends where the coins and tokens are planted! If there is higher grass, the hole is made by using a coin planter, knife or small shovel and then the soil is pressed down until the places can't or can barely be seen.....really no time to look for the buried places, as so many people hunting that you must use the sound and find where the coin is buried and try to be faster than the others which is easier for the more professional detectorists, mostly younger and middle-age men who have been doing it for years and depends on the detector as well as the detectorist! I liked the club hunts as you would be with your club friends for the day and have an eating of good, good foods....brought from home and/or cooked there like bar-b-qued stks and burgers, hot dogs and etc......some very good cooks among the members! May God Bless and help you to go detecting and find the best of the goodies hidden in the grounds for many years! Amen! :angel: Ma

That is OUTSTANDING! Great work! I may have to look into this club thing...I hunt pretty fast, and dig even faster...if those tokens are brass, and sound exactly like a chucky cheese token, well by golly, where do I sign up?:rofl:
I thought of your idea too, Sandtick...if a fellow flys along and uses their noggin to think and eyes to see, "where would an old guy bury a coin" That would certainly help I would imagine...really great work there Mike, I cant believe a seeded speed hunt is easy at all, takes a certain focus and skill to knock it down like you did!..:please:
Mud

If you are really interested in the club let me know. I now have about 30 competition hunts under my belt. :detecting:

When we do it on the beach or in the grass, you can't tell where they are. If we do it in a dirt arena you can tell sometimes.

nice hunting, I dropped out of my local club, was'nt feelin ANY love!! and I havnt gotten so much as an email, so I guessed Im not missed!

Nice! You sure you didn't use a wet/dry vac ? lol Wow you cleaned up big time in that seeded hunt.

Been over 70 people at the last couple meetings.