Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

not yellow rose of Texas but my dad is a good gardener

ojm bc

Hi folks just snapped a few pictures of my folks garden,thanks for looking.The yard looks pretty now.

using a scanner or something...years ago. You folks have some nice looking flowers! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

My foxglove are just starting to blossom, Hosta too. We are usually two weeks behind down south in the Waterford area.

This place is right in the woods and we have to be selective what we plant were. Not many places we can plant sun loving plants but Hosta do well. They would grow in a storm drain

You father has a beautiful garden. It will keep him young

He has a whole wall of these blooming,wish you were here to see the yard, cheers Orlando btw he is near 89 now,but slowing down a lot

The actual 'Yellow Rose of Texas' was an octoroon girl called Emily. She was a slave on the James Morgan plantation at Morgan's Point on Galveston Bay. The story is that she was slipped into Santa Anna's camp a couple of days before San Jacinto. She's the reason he was caught with his britches down when the Texas forces attacked during siesta time on April 21, 1836. One of the 16 decisive battles in world history--as a result of it, the US ultimately gained not just Texas, but New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah, & Colorado. It was over in 18 minutes.

Texas Charley