Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not my usual diving story... but one on the affirmation of life

Micheal_R

Staff member
This story is a true one that happened about 4 years back. I was driving, today, up to the snowshoe gravel pit to shovel in some pit run and happened to remember this story since part of it occurred at this pit. For the record, this is an absolutely true story.

Rusty is a gentleman who lives on the Inonoaklin Valley Road. He has lived there for a great many years and has settled into his ways. He is a very likeable man who has a few acres with a couple of horses and the usual dogs and cats. One of the dogs is a big, French Great Pyrenees named Butch. Butch is a standard large dog but as kind and gentle as you could ask.

Unfortunately, although he had been asked by many people and even the SPCA agent, Rusty let his dogs roam. Now they did not chase livestock, or harm any people, but they did spend a lot of time away from home. With Rusty living fairly close to the valley road, it is inevitable that the dogs would find their way onto the busy road and come close to being hit.

And so it happened that Butch, who was lolling around on the road, was hit by a car. The owner of the car knew Rusty and went into the house to tell him that he had killed Butch. Rusty was fairly broken up [although he had been warned that this might happen] and the owner of the car offered to take Butch up to Snowshoe Pit to dispose of him. Rusty agreed and thus it was that Butch was taken up to the pit to be removed. The deed done, the car owner went home, Rusty was depressed, and life went on.

A couple of weeks later, the local SPCA agent got a call that there was a large dog seen wandering through a local farmers field and would she please come and take care of it. Evelyn gladly agreed and she called Alice to ask if she would help locate and capture the dog. Alice agreed and off they went to catch the dog. When they found it, about 4 hours later, they captured it and took it to the kennels where the SPCA had set up a holding are at Ev

n/t

I wonder what ever happened to our Butch?? Anybody hear from him? I called him a couple times and left messages but no answer. The last time he visited us here I mentioned it and he almost called me a liar. Said I had not called. That was a long time ago..

n/t

to the time it was reunited with Rusty...wonder if the dog was just in a coma and not dead when taken to the gravel pit. I am glad that Rusty and Butch found each other again, perfect happy ending. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

But I guess we can assume that Butch was struck dumb and not killed..

Fair winds

Mikie

n/t

Perhaps he was just knocked out by the accident. What ever it was Butch came out of top as did the owner. I'd take those results for some of my animals over the years. Geo

n/t

n/t

n/t