Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not Happy with Garrett Turn around...

CT130

Wow all this talk about how great Garrett Service is,
I got my detector back in a week or week and a half, well BS too that, well maybe for the USA but Canada, come on....
I sent my AT PRO in on Feb 19th and its now its the 13th of March and still nothing, 3 weeks unreal service...
I ask Garrett if they have it and they sent me an email saying We did received your metal detector, it has already been repaired and sent to shipping. Hopefully it should be shipped out today by Parcel Post Air. That was on the 4th of March,
So I can say I am not too happy with their service turn around time,
Oh well still winter outside so maybe I can wait another 3 more weeks for it..... :ranting:

Lets just hope its fixed and I don't have to send it back to them, cause it would be just as easy to dig a hole and bury it...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

CT130 is not a happy camper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not Garrett...it's customs. It has happened lots of time to me, where products are sent from the states, and they just sit at customs forever. You should be glad Garrett sent it USPS. A lot of the other carriers are even slower and charge extra brokerage fees. There's not a whole lot you can do about it.....I understand your frustration too. :) hang in there :thumbup:

Customs is where it spends most of its time I am sure and is bad for those that live in Canada. I sent a detector to a guy in Canada and after 4 weeks I was getting to wonder if it got lost, but showed up 5 weeks later as it was held up in customs for 4 weeks alone.
This is why some companys will not cover warrantys out of the USA as it takes longer to get to them and the cost is much more for the shipping and some even want to charge you with the shipping back tro you out of the USA, but in the USA they pay the shipping.

Average shipping time is 10 t0 15 days one way unless it's shipped the costlier Priority International from the US approx 7-10 days, if it doesn't get
caught up in Canada Customs. If shipped UPS or FEDx, it could be longer. If shipped UPS expect to pay Customs broker charges $35.00 or more
when it arrives---think your mad now.........

I sent a pedal steel guitar back to the manufacturer in Canada .......It was NOT that far and SHOULD HAVE taken about 4 days tops from NY .....I let the lady at Fed Ex do all the paperwork as I did NOT want to screw it up .....It took 2 MOS FOR THIS THING TO GET THERE !!....... Customs and agents and all the other crap that Canada has in place does NOT work efficiently at all !!..... They lost this pedal steel, and then found it again , and I was contantly back and forth with them ...... TWO MONTHS later the instrument arrived at the manufacturer !!....... I have many friends in Canada, but we do NOT send anything back and forth !!......I've learned my lesson !!......

Don't blame Garrett !!....They have GREAT SERVICE !!......

they have to check everything now because of security, my Mom went back home to see relatives and it took her 3 months to get back, only kidding, I remember going to Canada to see my Grandfathers farm above Montreal, before 9/11 and you could get thru with a drivers license, now it's a pass port, being in Portland Maine, I want to take the CAT to Nova Scotia, but I don't have a pass port, you guys should just become the 51 state, I miss going to Canada

Ok Ok maybe it sounded a bit harsh towards Garrett, but still taking along time for my AT PRO to come home...
I'm just ranting about how long it took for others to get theirs back...
but really I'm not mad just sad , and besides there is another month of winter left...lol
So AT PRO if your out there come home soon....

Oh and if ManitobaJay reads this I have two words for ya, just cause you have yours back and I don't....lol
Oh and PS. I would not be mad at Garrett anyways, I own 2 of them and a whites, but dont tell Garrett that...lol
HH everyone

CT130

Garrett shipped the detector back to you less than two weeks after the date you shipped it in.

Take away the time it took to ship from Canada to Texas and that means the time Garrett had your detector was about a week. I'd say that's very good turnaround time on Garrett's end.

I live in the UK,and I'm still waiting for the parts to come from the US.So my detector hasn't even been sent of to the Garrett repair agent in the UK.I have been waiting three weeks now for the parts to come.Good job i have my GTI1500.

Sent mine in to Garretts February 16th came back to Canada customs March 3rd
sat there till today when it got delivered don't blame Garretts:garrett:
customs is the problem there to busy drinking coffee at Tim Hortons:nopity::laugh: