Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not enough Troy users for a Troy forum??

I am thinking about getting a Troy X2 detector , but there isn't a Troy forum to ask anyone about the detector. If any of you use a Troy X2 could you offer me some of your opinions on what you think of the detector - Like how it handles trash . ease of use , depth , ect... thanks , CoinShooter-Craig

Cliff , Shows you what I know - not much - Lol. Thanks for the info , but I decided to go a different route. I have always wanted to try a Troy thou - maybe someday I will. Thanks again for the info. CoinShooter-Craig

I have never used a Troy, but our md club has one guy that seems to have at least one of everything (don't know that for a fact, but he does own many different detectors). This guy doesn't buy them - he is just unbelieveably lucky and enters detecting contests all the time - and more often than not walks away with the top prize - or at least another detector - and he's been doing it for a long time. At least one in his stable is a Troy. (I don't know if it's an X2 or what) but, anyway, he likes it. I see him using the troy pretty often for parks and schools. He won't part with his PI PRO for the beach, and I see him occasionally using one of this other detectors - Garrett, Fisher, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro... but, like I said, the Troy is probably his 2rd choice after his DFX ...He says its a simple but very fast detector - much like the Tesoro....and he likes to use it for competition hunts.

I also know the Troy people are very good about supporting the hobby. They have donated "kiddy" detectors several times for our club fundraisers. (Great little detectors for the 5-9 year old bunch).

I have a X3 and really like it. I have the 5x10 dd coil on it and goes deep. The pinpoint is dead on. If im at a park i mostly just pop the coins out with out using a digger. I have found good targets at 12 inches before and i know it will go deeper. You do have to listen to it. Its not hard after a month or so of use. You will also need a good pair of headphones.

Thanks for the input on the Troys. They sound like a great detector. Someday I'd like one in my arsenal , but I'm going to have to wait a bit after this purchase - The Omega with three Coils and the Delta ( Teknetics ) - or my fiancee will have my head on a platter. The Omega will be for me and the Delta will be for the fiancee , kids , or friends to use (and my back-up). If / when I am in the market for another detector I'm seriously going to consider a Troy (X3 or X5). I just asked about the X2 because it was one of my options in the purchase that I made - just decided to go a different route for now. Thanks again for the great input. Happy Hunting , Coinshooter-Craig