Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

North (Yankee) or South (Dixie)

MDMac

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/yankee_dixie_quiz.html

For fun, take this test and let us know if tend to lean towards the NORTH or the SOUTH.

I am 58 percent DIXIE. THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!

Dixie:)<embed src="http://jb-ms.com/Stuff/dixie.mid" autostart="true" height="1" width="1">

I was an Air Force brat. I have always thought it was interesting on how people said things. Every time we moved I had to change the way I said things for survival sake. Kids would make fun of me on how I would say time with a southern draw. I would get beat up because of the way I talked.

When I lived in Mi. my English teacher would make me say lighted instead of lit. She wanted me to say he lighted the candle, as I would say he lit the candle. It's true. She said I lived in Mi. I needed to talk Mi. I took care of that and I ain't been back.

Being from the central Appalachians we speak more old English than anywhere on earth. My grandmother asked my wife to fetch the poke from the press and she had no idea what my grandmother was talking about. Remember, " Don't buy a pig in a poke."

The students I went to school with in our US History class told the teacher that they could pass me off as a Southern Spy.