Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

non repeat signals

tia

hunting with a QDII. area hunting is pretty trashy because of flooding but could have potentional due to history. problem is i'm getting lots of beeps but at times cant get them to repeat. or at least repeat more than twice so i can zero in. those beeps are normally registering as 25 cents or even dollar on the screen. know i'm having trouble pinpointing because i'm finding pennies on the outer edge of the hole nowhere near where i think the center is (nothign in the center of course).
but anyway- could i get false beeps by swinging too slow? too fast? lots of beeps though... thanks for the time

You can get false signals if your sensitivity is set too high. May want to back it down a bit and see if falseing goes to a minimum. As far as pin pointing, practice, practice. Get you a big piece of cardbord about 4 fot by 4 foot. Have somebody tap a quarter on back side and set it on the ground and see how well you can pinpoint it. Try it, good practice and kind of fun!

hi tia, i also happen to have a qd2/pioneer 202. packrat gave you good advice. i've had the same thing happen too. make double sure your batteries are opposite each other - one up, and one down. detecting near high power lines also will make your machine act crazy. if your're hunting on "hot" ground, which is high mineralization in the soil, your machine will chirp endlessly until you turn your sens. down until it stops, then keep hunting. i like to run mine with the sens. up as far as ground conditions allow, and disc. at 9 o'clock. that way, you won't miss anything except rusted tin and bad iron. the wire plug from the coil that goes into the control housing is also famous for coming loose and making the machine act crazy too. it got me more than once! good luck, and hh,