Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta US repair center unresponsive

choppadude

I have been a Nokta Makro user since the Racer model and have used about every unit since, I was even a field tester for the Multi Kruzer model. I have always had a good relationship with Dilek and a couple of the engineers at the company. AS far as the company itself, I think they are great and make a great product. They value the users input and make changes based on that input.
BUT the issue seems to be with the US repair center, I have heard several complaints of slow response as well as no response from Andy at the repair center. I have personally experienced this recently as the clamp/locking assembly on the middle rod of my Legend broke. I filled out the form on the US repair site and included a photo of the damage. My first surprise was they do not even Email you a confirmation that they received your repair request form. How can someone prove they even sent in a request? Furthermore I never received ANY response from them.
I know when I bought the Racer model there was an issue with the coil ears breaking and when I contacted the company in Turkey directly they had a replacement coil in my hands within a week! now I cannot even get a return call! I am hoping this is the exception but if what I heard from others is true maybe Nokta should start looking to open a different repair center in the US. Any feedback from others who have used the US repair center?

I have had good luck contacting Andy by telephone, 573/270-0447, with some questions early on. He recently did a warranty coil replacement for me. No problems, but it did take awhile(several weeks) between filing the request with Nokta & being contacted by Andy on E Mail.

I have had good luck contacting Andy by telephone, 573/270-0447, with some questions early on. He recently did a warranty coil replacement for me. No problems, but it did take awhile(several weeks) between filing the request with Nokta & being contacted by Andy on E Mail.
Several weeks is waaay too long!

I agree but it is what it is. I just trust that Nokta is a solid company that has always done right by it's customers.

A buddy also waited patiently for his repair and if I remember right after 2-3 emails Andy’s wife said it was done and shipped. No tracking # or anything else. Andy is a good guy and does a good job, maybe he’s just swamped and behind?

I agree but it is what it is. I just trust that Nokta is a solid company that has always done right by it's customers.
I also agree with you JCR---but----what about the rest of the hunt season while you are waiting to get a repaired detector back?-----Better have a spare/fall back Nokta ( guess.-----I started in this hobby going on 50 yrs. now & I have NEVER had to wait several weeks to get a repaired detector back.