Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Noisy Headphones

Daneman

Hello All

I just got my CTX3030 last week using my wireless headphones and get a lot of humming noise. Any thoughts about this problem.
Thank You Bill

Yes, that's called a threshold. It's perfectly normal and desirable. Hold down the button with the speaker icon and you can change level, tone etc. I like mine down aroun 1-5 but that's my personal preference. Cheers, Fletch

You need to read about and understand the why and how of Threshold. It is important that you hear that hum but just barely. Use the search on this forum; also Digger covers it well in an article for the 705; same principle with the CTX.

Although, per the previous posts, Threshold would be the most obvious culprit, there are other things that could cause excessive hum in your headphones. I have to advise going with the previous folks and eliminate Threshold first. If that is not the origin of the hum, let us know, and we shall proceed from there.

brought threshold down to 5 and still have loud noise in headphone. Any other thought on what I can try Thanks Bill

First thing I would try is a different set of headphones. If still noisy, you know the issue is with the machine, if not, you have some bad headphones.

Question: Where are you testing your machine? Have you tried different places? Just trying to make sure you are not indoors or close to some strong EMI, although, the CTX is very good at blocking out EMI, it is still a possibility.

Other than what has been suggested....Give us some comparisons, and we'll try to help you narrow down the problem.
How does the speaker of the CTX sound without the wireless enabled, and no headphones plugged into the CTX? How do the headphones sound without the wireless enabled, and your headphones plugged directly into the CTX? How does the wireless mod speaker sound with the wireless enabled, but without headphones? Now, compare those to how it sounds with the wireless enabled, and the headphones plugged into the wireless mod. Comparing these things should help us narrow down whether it is a headphone problem, a wireless problem, or a CTX problem. Remember, your audio levels are set individually for use with the CTX speaker, for use with the wireless speaker, for use with the headphones plugged into the CTX and for use with the headphones plugged into the wireless mod.

[attachment 283881 ctxaudio.jpg]

JMHO HH Randy