Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nocturnal and Diurnal Bermuda

bdahunter

I took a few pics of some of the interesting plants in my garden. These plants are very different at night then they are in the day time.

This bush is at the entrance to my garden and the leaves are full during the day.
[attachment 69363 P9140019-1.JPG]

When the sun goes down the leaves close up until the morning sun wakes them up again.
[attachment 69364 P9120018-1.JPG]

This large rambling cactus only blooms at night and for only a single night.
[attachment 69365 P9120015-1.JPG]

By the time the sun comes up the bloom is over and by the end of the day not much is left.
[attachment 69366 P9140021-1.JPG]

Hope you enjoyed the pics,

Eric

Why does that cactus only bloom one night? Thanks for posting these pictures...very interesting. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

This cactus is native to the Sonoran desert of Mexico where it is an endangered species. It grows very well here in Bermuda and has done very well on the island since it escaped someone's garden in the last century. People wait up to see the bloom which is at its peak around midnight on the on night of the year when the plant blooms. A beautiful flower from a very strange plant. The fragrance of the flower is exceptional.

Glad you liked the pics.

Cheers,

Eric