Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No rings today, yet, but check out this penny......

When I pulled it from the ground I thought it was just another penny until I got home and looked at my coins to count and clean. Something different anyway......

Very cool. I love to find foreign coins - and Sac dollars, which boils down to the same thing!:rolleyes:

[quote DavHut]Very cool. I love to find foreign coins - and Sac dollars, which boils down to the same thing!:rolleyes:[/quote]

I have found three Sacajawa dollars so far. Two in the same park and one in another. I was surprised for sure to find them...If you call Canada foreign then the 1854 half cent bank token from there counts. I don't count the pennies...

I gotta confess to counting everything - just look at the trash piles I display! Canada, Euro, Asia - they're all good
As for Sac dollars, one just doesnt see them, considering how many have been minted. Sure youve found a few, and I think I am up to TWO now. But, c'mon, that aint squat compared to John or some of the Aussie blokes. To me, this almost amounts to them being a "foreign coin."

Yeah I've got over 30 of them. For a long time they just weren't out there then all of a sudden, about two years ago, they started showing up. People have hoarded them and for what I don't know. Think I've got 3-4 Susan B. Anthonys. That was a real bummer of a coin.

Bill

[quote DavHut]I gotta confess to counting everything - just look at the trash piles I display! Canada, Euro, Asia - they're all good
As for Sac dollars, one just doesnt see them, considering how many have been minted. Sure youve found a few, and I think I am up to TWO now. But, c'mon, that aint squat compared to John or some of the Aussie blokes. To me, this almost amounts to them being a "foreign coin."[/quote]

I really appreciate your comparing me to "John or some of the Aussie blokes". I've had my detector for 2 months 3 days now. I still get a bit excited about some of the things I find. A fake 18k ring or what have you. Three Susan B's along with the 1216 coins, three rings, silver St. Chris madalion, 1854 Canadian bank token and an assorted amout of "neat stuff". I'll keep looking though. Might find something interesting someday......

Everything is interesting, Rosco, and has a story to tell as part of the whole on any site. I guess that's why I attach significance to everything I find - sooner or later it will tell me something to add to the picture. To this day, I sift through my boxes of goodies, listening to the whispers from the pieces in my collection.

I still remember the first silver I ever found, a 1936 Merc. as if it were yesterday. I had just gotten my intital detector, a Tesoro Silver Sabre II, and was thrilled to say the least. See, I had been reading the magazines about detectors and the hobby for some time before I purchased that unit - much of it articles by our very own Bill R.

One of the things I learned from all that study was that a good signal in one direction should be dug on. So it was with the Merc... broken in one direction and smooth and clear in the other. When I got it from the hole, it was lying next to an old iron nail about 3 " long!

Its why others had missed it, no doubt, and why myself, a mere nimrod with the first battery wrappers still in my pocket, had found it. I was so excited, I called Jack Gifford himself that afternoon and told him thanks.:bouncy:

What I learned from that dime is that these guys, like Bill and others, were right and that I should persevere - greater things were to come.

Yeah I've got about 25-30 SACS and five SBA's. For a long time I never found any then all of a sudden they started showing up.

Bill