Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No Place Like Home:wink:

D Wes

I am amazed at how many times my friend and I have hunted my back yard but yet still find stuff in it. There was a point where I didn't even enjoy detecting in my yard for not finding any keepers any more, all hunted out? Two days ago in a 4x4 area under the old cloths line I dug 5 Nickels all being in the 60's two Wheaties both being 1919D's and a George Werzner 5 cent token good for one drink. I was shocked! So I really hunted hard and dug every thing and found no more Keepers. Now I believed it was Hunted out. After work to day it rained a little bit and I was bored so I grabbed My T2 and to the back yard, got a good signal, the meter was jumping from the low 50's to high 60's less than a foot away from a hole I had just dug the other day. Out came a 1954 nickel, a unknown item and then a 1899 V Nickel in great shape! and a Clay Marble. Ready to fill the hole in and Beep Beep again, out came I believe a Grand Fathers Clock Key to wind it. Weather conditions, moister in ground, ground shifting,
Mother Nature and Masking all play a major roll. Hunting at different angles takes discipline and even griding off a area is a big plus and digging all signals and not relying on the meter, I don't like to, but the rewards can be great!

It is amazing to me as to what we can still find in our old hunted out spots. Newer models and types of detectors, changing ground conditions, different angles, different sized coils...you name it, they all give us another chance just when we thought all was gone. The T2 is doing that now for us...I wonder what will come next? Good finds and good job!:beers:

You Hit the Nail right on the Head and I agree with you all the way, The T2 has changed the Odds for us indeed, It will be exciting like you said to see what is coming next and Hopefully A smaller Coil for the T2 soon. I have some key sites where it would be A killer machine with it. Yes the Coil on it is Awsome! but a smaller one would have its place. Good Hunting and Have A great Week.

Hello D.....A very sobering and telling post!

If only you could remember the Ground Phase and Magnetic readings (Fe), then maybe you would have been able to see some significance derived for them being there on your T2.

So often, finds are pictured on the forum, some semblance of settings are quoted, but rarely the most important ones.

Those relating to the ground in which you are finding (or not, as the case may be.)

Please folk...Start a good habit..`Quote Ground Phase and Fe readings along with as much about your site conditions.....MattR.UK.

p.s. Maybe you will get the chance to post some typical yard readings?...Thanks.MR

You are right Matt, and Thank You for bringing it to my attention. I will start providing Ground Phase & FE readings from now on to better benefit
us all, by knowing these readings I my self can benefit from others from advice and information received by knowledgeable people as your self.
The Ground Phase reading from my back yard is 72 & Fe is .1