Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No heat this morning

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
OK let's talk global warming. This morning no heat again! Fuel oil jelled as the wind chill was -35 according to Accuweather.com. So after a while I got it going again. Currently the hot water is froze in the kitchen. Must be extra cold in the crawl space. GRRRRR!!!! Now on to global warming. I checked at about 11 am and it was about 5 degrees here, much lower with the wind chill. At the same time it was 36 in Kenai AK where my good friends the Cushman's live. Then I checked South Padre Island TX on the gulf and it was 37 degrees. Yep I now believe in global warming as it appears Alaska is going to melt away any day now! Oh and here is a small snow pile by my van.
[attachment 282959 pile.jpg]

steve in so az said:
pray for comfort and heat to resume soon !

Ditto! Mike, you & your family will be in my thoughts & prayers concerning this situation. Honestly I cannot remember a winter that was so cold as this one. Maybe it's because I'm getting older? Even my apartment is uncomfortable at times. This constant cold is doing a number on the boilers, etc. I sure hope this let's up soon.

sounds like a backup heating method is in store for next year!!!!!! been more than "florida cold" here this year, getting into the 30's at night here for about a month it seems like!

chuck.

Oooof! That sounds awful Mike, I'm so sorry. I remember those types of snow piles as a kid and tunneling to what felt like China and back :) It was 9 degrees here this morning, and for North Carolina that is extremely cold.

We will keep all northern'ers in our prayers because it seems you guys are having a record "Global Warming" winter this year. :) God Bless Mike.

Greg

Now that is an itsy bitsy pile of the white stuff but you can make snow cream for quite some time! :lol: Sorry about your not have any heat this morning but glad you had it later! My sister didn't have water this morning because she forgot to keep the light burning in the well house, so she took a small heater out there and after plugging it in and letting it run...she had water in no time! :blink: :angel: Ma