Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No haying today. Got out for a boat ride with

George-CT

my grandson Devin. We just did a cruise around the lake. They have been buying up the old lake homes and a couple of lots next to it and building homes a little bigger. Mine you, these are summer homes. It has been very hot here for last 3 weeks, and the water here has warmed up to the point its turned green. Very warm. It sure tints the pictures green in some shots. Enjoyed just spending a afternoon with my grandson and family doing nothing. Even snagged a new geocache on the way over there. No story with this one, just enjoying a day off from chores.

George-CT

Whatta they run ?......about 5,000 sq. feet ? :lol: Sure looked like a great way to spend some R n' R. That grandson of yours sure looks good behind the wheel with his shades gleaming too. Handsome little bugger.......and an obviously happy kid. Hey......why wouldn't he be with a family like yours. :) Great shots !!

in a large portion lake. Once it warms up, it promotes that green growth in the water. It gets at times where in knee deep water I can not see the white coil on my Tiger Shark detector. I actually put yellow take the length of the rod going to the coil to guess at where the coil is so I can dig the targets. Only other choice is wait until it cools. This is pretty much a spring fed lake.I guess ones it warms up like it has been, it promotes the algae growth. I assume in not enough water flow to stop the heating up of the water or exchange of water out over the dam. The lake is not real big, just under 500 acres.

George-CT

been buying up the homes on the lake and building these kind of places. The lake is state owned but no public access to it. Its all private. One of the few lakes they allow sea planes on also. I guess the well off decided it would make a great place to summer. Pricey town, East Hampton is where its at. The state did stock the lake with walleye to control the perch population so decent fishing in it. That was my boat but I gave it to my son George. I had lost interest in it so it was just sitting on the trailer here. Here we still get to enjoy it, yet my son and his family get to really use it like it should be. They knee board with it and water ski and just got the big tubes to pull around behind it. yesterday I brought him my Hummingbird fish finder so he and Devin can find the hot spots for the fish. Getting them in the boat is another whole issue. I like the nice homes out there but its pricing everyone on the lake out of it as the land values jump up that are right on the water. They will buy 250k dollar lake homes and level them, often 2 or 3 of them to build these big homes. Beautiful places for sure.... My son is not sure how much longer he will stay there. He built his home for 250 k and its now acessed at 750 k with huge taxes. The taxes on it take away a lot of spendable income.... I think at some point he will let it go and move elsewhere.

Geo

Often they sit so that keeps them nice and fresh. Works great. He got it off the Internet for around 20 bucks. Well worth that. He has had it for about 5 years now.

n/t

Here is one as we were building on to his A frame. Since then he has completed or the stairs down to the dock and a lot of finish work.
In the second picture where all the blue is and the white concrete is now all deck with stairs going down to the dock. The stone work was all there when he bought it.