Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No great finds, but a surprise good deed...

cubfan64

Decided I'd been working too much lately so left work ON TIME for a change and headed to the beach for a couple hours before heading home.

Ended up finding a grand total of $0.57, some junk metal and a pair of reading glasses.

As it got dark, another hunter (Mike) stopped by and we chatted for awhile - got to hear how much better the hunting was back 15-20 years ago when there was so much less competition.

Right before we finished talking I noticed a woman appearing to be searching with a flashlight for something - she came up to us and asked if either one of us had found a pair of kids reading glasses - she said they were Dolce and Gabbana black rimmed. I said "as a matter of fact I did find some reading glasses but I didn't even look at them."

Pulled them out of the pouch, she looked at them with the flashlight and said "Oh my gosh, you found them! Thank you so much."

Turned out they were her neices reading glasses and she had lost them earlier that day. I had found them about 2 inches below the sand nowhere near where the lady was looking with her flashlight.

She thanked me again a couple times and ran off to give them to her brother for her niece.

Pretty funny how things work - on this huge ocean beach I happen across them and she happens across me right before I left.

Kinda cool :)