Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No April Fooling Here........I feel good!

Dan-MO

Like a million bucks after taxes! Seriously I am amazed at the difference.4 days after my surgery and I feel better than I have in years. I am still a few weeks away from getting the all clear to make up for some time lost -but that time will come!

They say you can tell alot about a person by the way you handle adversity-and you folks have been an inspiration to me and taught me how to handle it well.People like Fred Kelley,Mike and Alice,Wayne and Carol,Rob and Grace,George,Tom and Sunny. I have witnessed you all face your own problems over the years all the while staying positive,with your head up and never surrendering.You all set an example that has helped me get thru a very difficult month-the death of my mother followed quickly by my diagnosis and surgery,for this I will always be grateful.

As I was being wheeled into the operating room I must admit I was a bit scared and fighting off some negative thoughts-lots of what ifs going on in my mind.Just before entering the operating room we passed a waiting room and I was amazed to see it full of people who had driven over an hour to be with me.There was my dear father,my wonderful wife,My children,both my brothers,my mother-in-law,brothers-in-laws,neices and nephews,my grandchildren,cousins I hadn't saw in years,co workers,aunts uncles and friends.People who had been a part of my life from the time I was born to the present.I also remembered that I had people thinking of me and praying for me from coast to coast and in Canada.

At this point I realized again how lucky and blessed I was.....no matter how the surgery came out.A great peace came over me.My last conscious thoughts before drifting off to sleep was my heartfelt thanks to God for the life I had been given...for the love of my family and friends and my God which is priceless and much more precious than gold. Many people spend a lifetime seeking what I had and never finding it.I am indeed a lucky man.

Life is good.The sunrises are more beautiful than I remember.The morning coffee tastes better.We are in the full bloom of spring here in the Ozarks and it is more beautiful than I ever remember seeing it...probably because I once took it for granted.Whether I have one day left or 40 years.....I will never take the beautiful things for granted again.I am content. I am blessed.

For the last two morning I have awoken just before dawn feeling refreshed,rested and ready to go-for the first time in years.As I sat in my back yard this morning sipping my coffee and watching the sunrise to the east where the dogwood and redbud are blooming in their glorious splendor.....I heard a wild turkey gobble.I smiled at the thought of a new friend I just met who happens to be a cardiologist and a avid if frustrated turkey hunter.Maybe I will give him a call in a couple of weeks and see if he wants a free lesson in the fine art of calling a wiley old gobbler in......Life is good

And I know exactly what your feeling. All you wrote above I felt myself many times after getting off the table. It sure points out whats really important in life in case one might of missed it along the way. Any day my eyes spring open in the am is a good one and all the rest is frosting on the cake so to speak. And yes, my love of nature was always there but it became even greater. Every day I feel privileged to be able to watch it in my back yard and have family around me both near and far. Couple that with friends made along the way and life is very good. Funny, I get asked as I get older, aren't you sad about getting older? No way, I'm now very happy to see everyone one of them birthdays come. There have been a few times when I had a big chance of not seeing anymore of them. I would have missed much. Your post made my day. Congratulations on a speedy recovery from your surgery and may you be blessed with many many more years.

George-CT

and this latest post warms my heart like no other ! Like all of the other fine folks on this forum, you have given of your heart more than could ever be received. And it's this selflessness that has endeared you to each of us. We are the ones blessed by your acquaintance. Of this you can be certain. That is simply wonderful news and I look forward to the day when I can meet you and others here in person. I can think of no greater honor ! All the best to one of the best.....God bless !!:thumbup:

Rob and Grace

the gobble of ole' tom turkey is medicine enough.

We cannot take life for granted. You are alive and well and it is no accident!

You know, had I been born just 50 years earlier in history, I would have died at age 16 from a ruptured appendix.

God has a plan for each of us. We can either ignore it or grab onto it and let Him be the supreme Ruler of our life--what we have left. Then, the true sweetness of life, even during the most trying of times, will show itself plainly.

Now, about that gobbler... :lol:

aj

am just so tickled that you are doing so well. God, family, friends and appreciation for all that is good make us what we are! Dan, your news is wonderful and I am sure Linda is so very relieved as the rest of your fan club,.....including us here! Isn't it such a wonderful blessing to know there are so many people who do indeed, care about you and love you very much!

Glad to hear all the predictions for your speedy recovery are coming thru for you!

Arkie is just waiting for the time when you can visit us and take you to the turkey woods.

Keep doing what you are supposed to do during your recovery time, and life indeed is good! :)

in rythem and the whole body follows along.

Life is good

n/t

I am so glad that things went well for you! Indeed, we should all count our blessings and try not to take life for granted.

Last night we had a little get together with some friends from church and discussed just this. Janice was there with her husband just 10 days after having a double masectomy! It is attitude that makes the difference.

We have an awesome God.

Lil Brother

I cannot tell you just how much this made my day. Every day, that Alice and I arise and are greeted by the sight of the fields, horses, deer, bear...... all of it is truly wonderful and we have another day in which to appreciate it all.

Life will only get better for you and with your positive attitude, it will happen even faster.

Congratulations on the recovery

Fair winds

M

up there a few weeks ago, and it was gorgeous! Even central Arkansas is looking great. Nice to see green again! :)

game this season, and Ben, my eight year old grandson is just going great guns this year during practice. His first game is this coming Thursday night! I sure love to watch my grandsons play, though! And I still like to get together with the family and have a good old fashioned baseball game. I am always the last one to get picked, but that's okay!! :)