Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NiMH Batteries

StevenJayne

I have a set of AA NiMH batteries instead of Alkaline cells. These are 2700 mA units made by Sanyo and they work great. I have not run a full test yet, but I figure I can get 20 hours of continuous use out of them. Do not be afraid to use NiMH batteries in your Safari, it was made for them! The battery indicator may show 1/2 full shortly after you start detecting, but it will stay there for a VERY long time and your Safari will work great!

I tried some 2500 and your right went to 1/2 in about a 40 minute span..I thought they were going dead so I changed to alkaline..Thanks for the information.

Steven thanks for the info. Did you get a charger that will handle 8 batteries at a time? I am not to interested in getting rechargeable yet because I still have 96 aa batteries. Sams membership ran out so got a couple 48 packs.... Z

I have a charger that will do four at a time, which is a bit of a pain. Someday I'll get one of those intelligent chargers that can handle many NiMH batteries.

I got a T6278 from all-battey.com and I like it. It only holds 4 batteries, but it is a smart charger so I won't be cooking any batteries if the wife keeps me at the mall for an extra few hours...

I have two of the four unit chargers. One next to my computer and one in the truck. The truck unit will recharge the 4 NIM batteries in about twenty minutes. I bought enough batteries (24) to keep a set in each charger and power all my gear including my Fugi camera. Been reusing these for about a year now and have no complaints. You can get the 2700MAH's at CVS or Radio Shack. RS sells a bulk pack of these for $49.00 and you'll be all set. The car charger has saved me several times. I just take the four charged ones and mix them into a device and charge the low ones. This allows me to continue use and lets me get the batteries up to speed. Mark your batteries in sets so that you'll be able to keep track.

A 4 station charger came with my batteries. Think I'll buy another set of batts and get another charger! Expensive little boogers. Onus

hello stevenjayne, i've had my quattro for a couple of years now and i keep telling myself that i'm going to try out some alkaline cells to see if there is any diff. in use time, but u know what..... i have been so happy with my rechargable NiMh batts. the same ones I bought a week after receiving my Q. that frankly my Q has never seen alkalines. I also prefer them over my quatro/ explorer factory rechargable battery. (the 2500's last longer) I think the 8 batt. Vanson charger is worth it's weight in gold. good alkalines are not cheap no matter where u buy them. the only thing I would like to add to the arsenal is a quick charger such as edjcox mentioned. I was just never sure if it would charge as well as a 18 or 19 hour charger, I mean if they work as well... why do they even sell long hr. chargers ? now that i know that they work ( right edjcox ? ) i will be getting one. I have picked them up & looked at them 20 time at home depot lol. wish they made an 8........ picky, picky, picky. good luck out there all of u.

My quick charger is in my truck and fed by a twelve volt high amperage car circuit. Don't know why the slow one unlss it's an amperage issue for the vampire....

I have tons of AA NiMH batteries but they all seem to loose power over a few weeks when just sitting in the rack.

If I charge them the a day or two before I need them they will work just fine for the next few days. If I charge them a couple weeks in advance, then pull them out they will be dead when I go to use them.
Anyone else have this problem with NiMH?

I had that problem with NiCads but not with NiMH. My Sanyos claim a year shelf life and so far I have not been able to run them down in a day of hunting. It also diesn't matter what the level of charge is, they do not form a memory so I charge mine after every hunt.. Never have had a dead battery in the past several months. Onus