Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Night hunting

scsomike

Does anyone ever do any night hunting? I haven't really seen anyone talk about it before. Some of the tot lots and what not are pretty well lit here. I have been thinking about going with a small flashlight to assist with view down in the holes. Any thoughts?

I am always worried somebody is going to come on me and scare me to death. I have tried it. It feels a lot different and it's a lot of fun. Just not sure how safe it is due to all the weirdos out there.

Chris

If I could I would, but too many gangs here.:surrender:

the city i live in is pretty safe and we have a good police department. i work for the sheriff's office here, so if being armed is required, it's always an option! might be an odd story to tell... a pirate tried to rob me of my treasure so i had to deal with him! lol

Never done any night swinging. To dark and the possibility of drawing attention when you have a light shining all around.

My wife and I night hunt alot hear cause it gets dark so soon I work till 4pm we hunt 4 an 5 nights a week. not to bad hear.

Yours is a question that comes up frequently.
There are a few people I run into that hunt at night, but usually because of their employment situation; they have no other time they CAN use their MD.
There are some others who night detect but do so because they think thats eaiser than asking someone's permission if they can hunt on their property. This is not good and gives MDing a bad name. ANd If your out in the woods why would you want to hunt at night. It seems it would be safer in the daylight. I have never hunted in the night and anyway, I live in a residential area outside a BIG city. People get a little suspicious when they see someguy sneaking around with a light on someones property or in a park area. I just don't need that kind of attention, certainly not from someone armed with a weapon or from the local police. Sooooo why are YOU interested in detecting at night? If you don't have too, then save yourself some trouble and don't.:detecting:

RR

yea, nighthawlking isn't cool...

I would think mostly poachers would hunt at night.

well, right now the weather is decent for hunting during the day, but in the summer time, the humidity and heat make it very uncomfortable to be out in daylight. i have seen it 92 degrees at 10:00pm here before and it's not a dry heat by any means. that and it seems like you'd draw less attention to yourself in a public park (less people out).

You either live in Arizona or Nevada or some place way down....well you know how people discribe a place as hotter than hell!:lol:
RR

Four blocks from my house in Fl. was a nice play ground done all in wood chips. It was lit up at night and was an relaxing time for me to MD when the days were short. I MD there last month in the late evening and after it turned dark and found a gold chain. I also MD'ed at ball fields after dark while one of the fields was being used. Lots of people and it was lit up well. Where a park was closed at dark, I MD'ed the easements around street lights. It was a friendly area and people were out walking around.
It really depends on where you live and where you are MD'ing.

[attachment 84093 3-09-08totlot.jpg]

I AM not a poacher but up until the time change with my hours that is the only time I had left it was ether do it then ore not hunt at all. we hunt in a lighted area wear they took down 6 houses in town. very nice people and is going to be Church parking lot soon.

yea, first thing in the morning

[quote John 'n' W.Va]I like hunting at daybreak. It is peaceful at that time. Everybody that is up to no good mostly have gone home.[/quote]

Yep, one of the best times to hunt.

Memphis Tn actually, come visit us in July or August, it's muggy, terrible, we usually have a code orange ozone alert and sometimes it just hurts to breathe. Oh, and we are currently ranked like the 5th most dangerous city in the U.S!

When I travel most of my hunting is done at night as that is the only time available. Virginia Beach 1:AM, Percy Priest Lake, Nashville, TN 10:pM watch out for the rump rangers on the west side of the dam, to much action so I went under the lights on the east side of the dam, Ben Salem Pa north of Philly in a park off the river 10:AM, South Amboy, NJ, 9:AM. Along with local area hunts. I use a modified set of Whites headphones that I removed one earphone from so I can at leat have some kind of sense of the surroundings. Some of these locations are best to stay away from but you dont know until you get there. I have left a area that just did not feel right. I try not to use any light while hunting, if I dig a hole it is with the red light. I always try to keep my back in the best position as to see what may be coming at me. I feel If I advertise my position with a white light I am asking for more trouble than I already am. The more local hunts I have some of my standard protection, when I fly it is limited. I should listen to my own advise know your area stay in lighted areas, If it dosnt feel right just leave.