Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nickle Trifecta

Ted S

I spent a couple of hours this morning hunting a house yard that is slated for demolition soon. I covered the front yard and one side. My first target was a memorial cent. Went a bit further and had an ID of 12 that was solid. Dug a 1916 buffalo nickle. It wasn't a few more steps and had another 11-12...Out pops a pretty nice 1902 V nickle! It should look great after soaking it olive oil. Also ended up with two more Jeffersons ,3 wheaties acouple of more memorial cents and 4 clad quarters. I still have a huge back yard to cover and hopefully there is a silver coin laying in there. I was in Park 1,5tone and sensitivity between 18-21 as I was getting a lot of EMI from a close by production plant.

Very nice find.
Just a thought , if the house is old hit the area within 50 feet from back door because if there was an outhouse then to and from it may be good place.
More than 50 feet, Na nobody wanted go any farther to do their business. Lol

sgoss66 said:
NICE! Nickel trifectas don't happen often!

I bet there IS some silver hiding there!

Steve

As weird as it may sound, nickel trifectas are QUITE hard to come up with! I’ve done it a couple times but nowhere near as many times as a dime trifecta. Never had a quarter trifecta that I can recall...

Congrats, I pulled off the quad {Shield V Buffalo Jefferson} in June it was a weird hunt. Found the Shield in a hunted out park under the can slaw.

Wow! Quite the feat Jeff!....Now I have them soaking in olive oil...How the heck do I post pictures here after they are clean? Thanks! Ted:please:

Ted S said:
Wow! Quite the feat Jeff!....Now I have them soaking in olive oil...How the heck do I post pictures here after they are clean? Thanks! Ted:please:
Just upload to the same thread?

Nice finds I to am still hunting for a shield nickel.
Mark

Thanks Jeff! I went out for two hours and pulled a 1905 Indian and a wheatie I can't read. Got some more clad and a couple of memorial cents. I started out in Park 2 50 tone then went back to Park 1 5 tone....50 was too much noise and you know how us old guys hate a lot of noise...Unless it is my Marshall and Les Paul!! Goes to 11 baby!:clapping:

Ted S said:
Thanks Jeff! I went out for two hours and pulled a 1905 Indian and a wheatie I can't read. Got some more clad and a couple of memorial cents. I started out in Park 2 50 tone then went back to Park 1 5 tone....50 was too much noise and you know how us old guys hate a lot of noise...Unless it is my Marshall and Les Paul!! Goes to 11 baby!:clapping:
Rock on Brother :yo: