Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice on top of Mt. Washington today. Its a

George-CT

nice 10 degrees here right now at high noon. check out the temps on Mt Washington with picture.

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/deck/index.php

George-CT

My daughters husband comes from there. His family lived there for along time before moving to Kansas. Pretty area for sure and pricey. Good skiing all over New England right now, but I see a warm up come this weekend and we will be up in the 50's again in daytime. I see alot of horses getting sick from it lately. They don't like those big temperature swings. The Vet was saying they re treating a lot of them. Sounds like you still have a good time even with the cold, but your right, when it gets real cold, it don't take long to take the fun out of it. I only go out today to fetch more wood for the woodstove. There is nothing out there that needs doing that can't wait until the warm up this weekend. Hey, Good Ice fishing up here right now.... Bet you don't do alot of that down your way? LOL

George-CT

and it's a balmy 2.2 degrees with a windchill of -15 or so!

would be something to go back for!! :) They moved to Kansas??? That is the part of the drive that is so boring to me. I bet they were in culture shock with their move! You are right about Breckenridge being pricey. We only went out to dinner twice, the rest of the time we just cooked at the condo. The dang lift tickets alone are such a rip off! And they will not allow commercial places like McDonalds or Arbys to open up shop there. I guess they have to make all the money they can during ski season...............of course the week after Christmas is peak season there,.........but it was still beautiful! :)

Especially Summer!:huh:

driving thru Kansas. That was as you say, boring. We were coming out of Colorado Springs so probably drove the same route, I 70 I think it was. Not much there to see. They moved there because his grandfather gave a business to his father who in Breckenridge was a preacher. His father had been a math professor also and is back doing that. I,m told the grandfather took over an then a expanded a business that high pressure steam to push oil out of old drilling's or something like that. Spillman is the last name. Pretty sure they were in the Southeast corner of the state. From what I saw, they could have all of it. My taste are not for flat land. I like hills, mountains, streams. I was told they left also because a twin brother was hit and killed by a car in Breckenridge coming out of a movie house in a snow storm by a drunk driver. He himself, left the Air Force 2.5 years ago and was back in school in Colorado. I'm beginning to wonder how much is fact, and how much is fiction. I know my daughter has not heard from him in a year. Pretty sure desertion procedures are under way on her part. She don't seem concerned about it.

Geo

of your story has some sad qualities about it, and maybe you are better off NOT knowing everything! Hope everyone is fine now! :)

Jane & I drove ourselves nuts trying to fix it all, but they need to care more about fixing than we do or it don't work. We don't go to those topics anymore unless she chooses to. She seems to be back on track again. Time will tell.

George-CT

n/t