Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice little find

Pengeboy

Hi all,
Recently out I found a small piece of silver colored chain. Having read some of your forum postings, I thought I should check the area once more before moving on. A second signal and a longer piece of chain and a pendant in the shape of a bar.
Once home I cleaned the chain and pendant. Under the magnifying lamp I read on the bar "Tiffany and Co, copyright 2001- 925, and on the chain clasp T and Co - 925.
So a nice silver chain and silver bar pendant from Tiffany and Co.

Nice work finding the silver, Pengeboy. Sounds nice.

Hello all,

Thank you for all the tips in the past.
However, I must lean on your knowledge once more.
I am working a city park circa - 1880's. I know many have worked this area before, but also I realize there is often still a lot to find.
I have found some clad, mostly at shallow depths (4,5-inches).
I know my coin signals fairly well for clad, but

1. Any advice for deeper searching?
2. What kind of range do you see Indian hands, wheat pennies, silver coins etc...

I'm surprised how many 30+ signals I get and then dig up bottle caps/screw tops.

Thanks again

Nice find.
This summer I found a 512 Tiffany heart shaped earring and it said “please return to”;Tiffany of New York. It had the stop on it so it was not being worn when it was lost. Every time I’m near that ares I keep checking to see if I can find the matching earring.

Tiffany is cool.,
Doug

Nice find well how is your detector set up stock park 1 2? I use field 2 a lot and lower the recovery speed down to 4 if its not that trash filled.
iron bias at 0 Iron bias 2 if you have the newest update? I keep at 2 The sensitivity as high as I can go and I use all metal mode no discrimination.
I go very slow and keep my coil to the ground oh and noise cancel to works well for me.
Mark

Great advice Mark, everyone says there is gain on this machine but I disagree your deeper targets are usually quieter shorter signals. The problem I have at most parks & town squares etc.. is with the amount of construction that has occurred you have to look for undisturbed soil to pull deeper targets. JMO
HH Jeff

Indian's can come in at 18,19, 20 just like a zinc penny.

Sucks, but if you know your area is old enough to have them it's worth it to dig those numbers.

Hi all,

Thankyou for the advice. I will try those settings Mark suggested. I'll keep you all informed.
At some point I'll figure how to upload some pictures.

Pengeboy.

laplander said:
Great advice Mark, everyone says there is gain on this machine but I disagree your deeper targets are usually quieter shorter signals. The problem I have at most parks & town squares etc.. is with the amount of construction that has occurred you have to look for undisturbed soil to pull deeper targets. JMO
HH Jeff

I disagree I am looking for disturbed dirt at parks fairgrounds and where ever give you a example my friend is on a road trip he was at a fairground they had replaced a 5 by 10 slab of concrete in front of one of the buildings he worked the area around the slab first coin seated dime 1877cc 1 inch deep 2 Indians 2 inch deep and a wheat 20 minutes of detecting (is it worth it) you bet. so work all the dirt never know .:thumbup: sube

sube said:
laplander said:
HH Jeff

I disagree I am looking for disturbed dirt at parks fairgrounds and where ever give you a example my friend is on a road trip he was at a fairground they had replaced a 5 by 10 slab of concrete in front of one of the buildings he worked the area around the slab first coin seated dime 1877cc 1 inch deep 2 Indians 2 inch deep and a wheat 20 minutes of detecting (is it worth it) you bet. so work all the dirt never know .:thumbup: sube
You mean like this??? I’m always looking for dug up areas in a city and I find silver all the time when they dig!
Here’s a 2 “ 1775 silver video.

https://youtu.be/__M57TmAFwQ

I think we still agree, the op was looking for deep target advice. Fresh dirt is always good/ and fair game Sube !!
Jeff

laplander said:
I think we still agree, the op was looking for deep target advice. Fresh dirt is always good/ and fair game Sube !!
Jeff

After reading the post you are correct but I will never pass up fresh dirt . sube

sube said:
laplander said:
Jeff

After reading the post you are correct but I will never pass up fresh dirt . sube
I love tear outs. We are getting new sidewalks in all our small towns, lovin it!
Jeff