Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newby

mag1058

Hi All,

My name is Martha. I am new to detecting. I have had my detector about 3 weeks and am really enjoying myself. I have not made it out of my yard yet, but am finding lots of stuff. I have found a few coins, 1978 quarter, 1958 Rosie dime, 1941 nickel, and a couple of cad pennies, plus lots of "what is it" stuff. Is anyone here from Cent IL.

God Bless,
Martha

congrats on the finds. What detector are you using? Just curious.
I'm in upper part of lower Michigan. I use a Minelab Explorer II, a Garrett ACE 250 and a Tesoro Stingray (water machine). Glad to have you with us....we have several lady detectorists here.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the welcome. I have a White's DFX. Still trying to figure out the bells and whistles on it but I think it's more inexperience than detector. I hope to get more experience with it as soon as the weather coop's. Been cold and rainy here alot.

God Bless,
Martha

know a few people (from the church) with them...they are still learning them too.

I could be out detecting, even though it is cold but 2 things stopping me, the wife has the van (prom night and her daughter is 'center stage' right now) and the other reason is my alergy to mother-in-law's dog (who moved in with us) is about killing me.

No kleenex dispenser on the detector for continuously blowing my nose, etc.

Hope your weather improves for you soon.

Welcome, Martha, it is good to have another sister on board! That makes four ladies now who are posting as of now! I have an Whites XLT Spectrum but don't get out very much because of health and weather! Been raining a lot here in MO and the ground stays soaked most of the time! Between rains my brother and I have to mow the grass which is growing fast! I hope you do well and learn your detector quickly! I always liked my XLT but it doesn't go as deep as the newer detectors and the Minelab detectors! I,ve done good with it when I did get out :detecting: Good luck and keep posting, as we enjoy having all our sisters and brothers posting and encouraging each other! If you ever need prayer just ask and many will be approaching God's throne in prayer for you and yours! :angel:

God Bless & Happy Hunting and hope you find lots and lots of coins and goodies!

Betty

nice choice on a machine Mag..take your time figuring it all out. the more you become one with your machine the more the odds of finding good stuff is. mding is not just a hobby it is an addiction. you will soon find out that once you get out to the parks schools etc you will have lots of fun...most important.. be sure to enjoy Gods wonderful earth as your out. there is plenty to find in the ground but nature can show you much more. God bless. HH and good luck finding the good stuff. :wave: oh yea welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the CMD forum , Martha!

I wish you lots of fun and good luck in this wonderful hobby!

I'm so glad that you are joining us here and I will be waiting to read your future posts

God bless you!

Bryce is from IL. I will let him know you posted.

God bless! :)

Welcome to the greatest metal detecting forum on the net!! Glad you have joined us!!

Hi All.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I am excited to begin this new hobby. Finally got to go out for about an hour tonight. No good stuff just alot of junk and what is it's. But the more of that i dig up and get out the closer i am to finding the good stuff. I did find an 8" old crescent wrench made by the Diamond Tool and Horseshoe Company, Duluth, MN. It is old, don't know if i can get it cleaned up and operational or not, also found a couple horseshoes, one reg size and one draft size. The neatest thing i have found I think is an old stake that is about 2 1/2' long, with a flower type head on it. I showed it to my brother who told me that my dad had made it out of an old car axle. That is a keeper for sure. Again I thank all of u for the welcome and look forward to being a part of this group and reading future posts.

Hi Martha,

Will you be able to post a pic of that item that your father made?

Nice find!:clapping:

Where ya from?

Yes, I will get a pix of it and get it on this week. I am from the small town of Kilbourne. It is about 18 mi NW of Petersburg on Rt. 97.

n/t

never heard of a tool company and a horseshoe company all in one. Always thought the horse shoes where nailed on...not bolted on where one needs a wrench :lol:

Any find is a good find....as long as it doesn't injure you in any way....and the best finds aren't always metal...sometimes seeing God's creatures, the beauty of nature, the sky, etc. is better than anything we can find with the detector.

It wasn't Pete. It was where the barn used to be. I'm sitting on about 100 acres here. So gotta go quite a ways to find that.