Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

kennymill

Greetings!

I recently purchased a Garret MPX digital, I read the booklet with the unit and I am still unsure how to use it properly. Any help you pros can offer will be greatly appreciated.

What should I be looking and listening for? Will the unit pinpoint in the center of the circle or near the edge? Thank you all in advance for helping out a newbie.

Kenny

It is the 64 MPX digital, it is a new model I think.

I don't think that is a Garrett my friend. That's a Kellyco special and either made by Texas Instruments or made in China. Who told you it was a Garrett?

Bill

Having never used one I can't tell you much. Most coils pinpoint in the center unles they are a DD or an eliptical like some of the Garretts. Does this machine have a single tone or multiple tones?

If you thought you were getting a Garrett I'd be asking for my money back or a Garrett in its place.

Bill

Thanks for all your response. I can see I just learned a good lesson in research, I failed to do enough research and perhaps got an inferior product.

I will be returning the product for a real Garrett, the 20% restock fee is a lesson in ignorance on my part. So now I am asking (as I should of in the beginning) what model of Garrett would you reccomend for a entry level detector or perhaps not so much an entry level but a good value unit?

At this point in time I do not plan on being a professional treasure hunter. But then I suppose many of you thought the same thing and one can get hooked..lol..Thank all of your for your input and help for a newbie.

Kenny

It is made in China. Don't know how well it works. There is no proven track record.

Mike

Buy a :garrett: Ace 250; without a doubt the best detector in its' price range.

Easy to learn.
Great pinpointing feature.
Buy 4.5" Sniper Coil, too.
Full range notch.
All Metal, Relics, Jewelry, Coin, and Custom Hunting Modes.
Runs 40-50 hours on 4 AA Batteries.
Best resale value in the industry.

I love mine; way more detector than my first one, a BH Titan 2000XD, which was more expensive.

Good Luck

Thanks to all of you who responded. I just got an RMA to return the GTX for a Garrett Ace 250 Pro. A good lesson learned for not doing my homework. I now look forward to doing some time away listening for the beeps.

Kenny

John,

Thanks for your reply, I did order the ACE 250 Pro today and returned the GTX unit to China..lol..I suppose it could of been a lot worse and cost a lot more, so I chalk it up to experience and learned a good lesson. I look forward to getting out and having some fun time.

Thanks again,

Kenny

You will be very happy with the 250...and with that 12" coil? You will be digging almost to China ;) Seriously, it gets deep and picks up small items well...you made a wise choice on teh 250.
Ken

i noticed on the kelly co web site no more free 4V pinpointer with the purchase of a detector of $199 or more i guess i was just in time