Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

deangalbraith

Ace 250 on its way from kellyco. Hope 2 find some great stuff! b checkin back in when I do. Notice I went from hope 2 I will? Its all in the attitude. Happy Hunting! Any tips 4 the Ace 250 would b greatly appreciated!!!!!! C-ya and God Bless!!!!!!

Hey, welcome aboard. You'll love the 250, as far as tips go, do a search on ace 250 in the garett forum and I'm sure you will have more than enough to read about it. Good luck hunting.

I received some great advice when I got mine,start in coin mode with the sensitivity down to 4 bars.:detecting:

Play around with it at home. Use coins and junk items ie pull tabs, screw caps,foil, twist tops and coke cans eta. Put them on the ground and see where they show up on the screen and what they sound like. Pinpoint off the 12 o'clock position of the inner coil.
Above all, have fun, let your curiosity get the better of you and a touch of patients helps in the early days, as you are learning something new. Also, digging up junk is part of the hobby, so don't get frustrated when you see the glossy pictures of lots of finds and no junk. We all dig junk, we just don't show pictures of it. Over time, as your skills get better, you'll leave more junk in the ground.
All the best.
Mick Evans.
P.S. As you get better with the Ace, we can tell you a few more of it's secrets (it has plenty to tell), but I don't want to give too much information in one hit as you will not be able to assimilate it all right up at first.

Welcome aboard bud. There are a lot of 250 user's on this forum so you have found an unlimited well of knowledge. Happy Hunting to ya!:garrett:

A great forum too! We get posters from all around the globe here. You got a great machine too. Looking forward to seeing your finds.

Tips?

1) Simple Version BEEP-DIG!

2) In depth Version- Hunt in coin modes only and run your sensitivity at about half. Dig all and only shallow targets for now, so you can get used to your pinpointing option. Digging big holes is :nono:, so save the deeper signals for a little more experience. Those deepies ain't going nowhere in the mean time.

Good luck and we are looking forward to seeing your finds. :)

Welcome !! Very helpful members on this forum..

welcome i to have the ace and it is an awesome machine you will like it allot. the main thing to really get used to is the pinpointing feature the Garrett company did make a great machine but with lousy pinpointing if you go to you tube type in ace 250 pinpointing it should also be buried in the forms it explains exactly how to

Welcome aboard and we'll be looking forward to your success and pics of your finds. You picked a goodun - a real coin magnet. The archives on this forum are loaded with tips. Good luck.

Bill

Welcome

Tip# 1. It works well in the on position.
Tip# 2. Start out in the coin mode.
Tip# 3. Hear a beep - dig a beep.
Tip# 4. Buy a Garrett Propointer.
End