Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

newbie with mxt

midnight rider

hi everyone my name is hal i decided to upgrade from a deleon to a mxt any tips on how this machine does in trash and does it have to be swung fast like the xl pro thanks hal

No it doesn't have to be swung fast. Actually it is very forgiving on swing speed. How it does in trash depends on the size and type of coil used and the gain and disc settings. Rob

Recommended coils for MXT: 6 X 10 DD and a 4.5 X 7 EXcelerator these are some have to have coils in my arsenal.:thumbup: You will really enjoy owning the MXT its a great machine. Good luck with it, and any help we can give don't be afraid to ask.:help:

Hi Hal, Congrats on getting the MXT. Like Rob stated, the MXT is very forgiving on the swing speed. I can swing fast while competition hunting and swing very slow trying to pick those coins out of the trashy soil. I think you'll love your MXT. It's a great machine and you found the right place to help with any questions. We have a lot of great people here that know what they're doing and are willing to help out if you have any questions. Welcome aboard and HH to all, Nancy

I have both the DeLeon and the MXT. LIke them both for different reasons and have done pretty well with each. The MXT does give more info on the display and of course has the 3 modes. I have to agree with Hillbilly Bob on the coils. I almost never use the stock 9.5 because it doesn't handle the trash well in several parks I hunt regularly. My main coil is the 6X10 widescan and I often use the 5.3 for general detecting, but in really bad trash I use the 4X6 "Shooter" coil which is wonderful if you can slow down and cover less ground per swing. My two bits,
BB

Way to go Hal, you picked a real nice and fun detector.

n/t

Hey Hal, I got your P.M. today and stupid me I hit the delete button instead of the reply.:shrug: But congratulations on the C.W. button you found today :thumbup: Post some pictures if you can, and yes the MXT is a fine machine I am glade you are enjoying it and was able to get out and have some fun.

n/t

Hal, besides all the small coils for the MXT there is also large ones available. 12x15" and 15x18" SEF and the 12.5" and 18" round EXcelerators.
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/excelerator/EXcelleratorMain.htm

Also accessory coils from Whites:
http://whiteselectronics.com/content/view/65/74/

Do your research, get a pen and paper and write it all down. :nerd:

...dang, just when I was hoping to test it out a bit more!
Ah, well. If I know Hal, he'll get something else pretty good here shortly :)

That's sad! :cry:He didn't keep it long enough to get to know the machine:shrug:

Hillbilly Bob said:
That's sad! :cry:He didn't keep it long enough to get to know the machine:shrug:
He couldn't come to terms with the seller, as I get it. Too bad. I guess Ill have to get one for myself.
Anybody want to buy a '91 model Eagle II SL, to help fund the MXT?