Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newbie with an Etrac

oophotography

First day with the Etrac. I decided on this machine vs. the V3 after much debate. I am a detector virgin and am very happy with this machine.
I found brass, rain gutter scraps, pull tabs, ground wire, underground metal pipe, one quarter and one penny. What I did enjoy was finding something almost every time the machine said there was something there. I am using one of Andy's patterns. This thing is deep. I am staying in my yard and an old home place of my neighbors till I get the hang of this thing. I also bought my wife a 705 and we are having fun. We were becoming TV freaks and really needed something to get us up and out.
We would appreciate any suggestions.
Please and Thank You,
Scott & Becky

Scott,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new purchase . . . . both are solid detectors!

To get the best feedback or suggestions, a little background from you would help us get you the right information . . . .

1) Where about are you . . . the type of soil will make a difference in recommendations

2) What are you planning to hunt ofr; i.e., modern coins, old coins, relics, beaches, etc.?

3) Are you up for some research to find some sites others have overlooked?

I sent you a PM as well but if you can answer these questions, you will likely get some good feedback that can help you in short order.

Andy Sabisch

Andy,
Here are some answers so I may be helped.

I live in East Texas. Very near Texarkana in a town called New Boston.
Our soil here varies from sandy loam to sandy clay. The first foot to two feet has mostly sand with a little clay mix. We have no rocks in our soil.
We like to hunt for coins old and modern.
I have done some research and found some towns on some old maps that no longer exist. So research is OK with me. We are also planning on hitting some old home sites and local parks.
Best,
Scott

Television will dull your mind.

Studies on children under the age of 5 have shown that children who watch television for 4 hours or more a day have a lower IQ than those who do not.

It has been estimated that an average person gives up over a half million dollars of income in his or her lifetime by wasting time watching TV.

I have not owned a TV for over 15 years and I have found that I stay healthier, have not gained weight like my couch potato friends, am more active and enjoy more time doing what I love.......like metal detecting with my favorite detector....my E-trac.