Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newbie with a new 202

DEW52

Ending Christmas shoping today -Sunday at wal-mart and saw a Pioneer 202 on sale for $140.00 . Been thinking of getting started in a new hobbie, have a couple of friends that took me with them last year and had fun. They have other brands but what I have read here, think I might do just as good once I get the just of things. Did I make a wise choise buying this model. My one friend said that it is a older model, but if it will do the job of a newer model - Hay! Let me know what I am in for getting started.
Thanks

Hi:

If you have not bought the 202 yet, consider the 505 or the Land Star depending on how much you have to spend...I have owned them all at one point or another...The 202 did a fine job, but lacked some key features... The 505 found me more quarters and dimes...The 202 had a low quarter to penny ratio...found more pennies than anything else...My Land Star has found me silver, and my quarter count has increased considerably..it is also deeper seking and more stable than the 202. The 505 can be had for between $50 and $100 more than the 202.

Happy Hunting,

HI !

I own a quick draw II, which is equal to the 202, and I must say it never disappointed me. I bought the extra 10" coil, which gives me the incredible depth of 11-12" on the two Euros coins. (I admit that those coins are larger than the U.S. ones). Each time I find US coins on our local beaches here (we have both Shape and NATO in Belgium), the ID is accurate and the depth more than average. Working in the auto notch mode works fine and reduce trash digging, while the notch mode with disc knob at 2 o'clock is great (here) for finding jewelry.

My QDII is in very bad condition (had 3 other careless owners before), but I can assure you, should it stop working properly, I would immediately buy a new one ! The disc is impressive. I think there is no depth difference with a land star, except when considering no motion all metal hunting, which gives effectively more depth.

HH

Nick the Belgian

congrats on your purchase and welcome to a great hobby. i own a 202 as well and it has served me quite well relic and coinshooting here in central va. i got the 10 in. mag coil off ebay and it helped on depth greatly. the 202 is a good machine, and you will learn a lot about the hobby in general. the keys to it all is patience, research and plain ol stick-to-it-ness. bh landstar is right about the 505, its a little better. he also has a lotta good stuff to tell you. its funny, i also own a whites and an older nautilus, and two other bh machines, and take the 202 out all the time...hh

Don't let all the hype about this machine or that machine worry you. You have purchased a very good detector. The key is to believe in it and learn all there is to know about it and practice,practice and practice some more .One more thing is to have FUN while you are using it!!!:bounty:

Just a quick note to say hello!,to a new BountyHunter Brother.I agree with the others that its not really what type of BountyHunter you have, just learn everything about the machine and get out and enjoy it,not everyone can afford the more exspensive models,like the "TimeRanger", {for which I feel very lucky to own}and still pay their bills.I think that there is alot of good Info...and support found on here,just take the time to look and listen.If you listen to non-BH users they will tell you their machine is the best!,but if that were true and BH"s were not then The BH team wouldn"t have won the National compitition for metal detectorists beating out even Fisher and Whites!!!!!!!,the T2 was used to achive this.That technology is from years of experience that FirstTexas Products has gained from their in house experts and input from dedicated users like the rest of us.....HappyHunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone
Went out day after Christmas and went looking around our lot and found some coins. My 12 and 9 yr. old grandsons are hooked on them now. Went to a flea market up in INDY. and got us a Quick Draw II and a Discovery 2000 and two sets of ear phones plus three carry bags for us all . With my 202 added in are total is 345.--- . But the looks on the kids faces - Priceless! It was a real good day! Hope we do this for yrs. to come . thanks to all you guys for the info on the equipment.
Have a great NEW YEAR!
DEW52

have any of you ever owned the VLF bounty?--if so did it do ok for you--got this one for christmas and see the post on a lot of others--am new here and just trying to find my path