Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

newbie to water hunting

findit

which one out of whites surf pi pro, tesoro ts, fisher1280x.in that price range.can you compare them please? mostly looking for gold. both in and out of salt water and dry sand. also whats better pi or vlf?

There is a wealth of information here and if you take the time to read it up, you will literally be money ahead.

Nice to have you aboard. <><

aj

findit said:
which one out of whites surf pi pro, tesoro ts, fisher1280x.in that price range.can you compare them please? mostly looking for gold. both in and out of salt water and dry sand. also whats better pi or vlf?

You don't want a PI for the dry sand trust me.. There are other machines that would work well for you and you seem to be looking in the $500 to $700 dollar range by the detectors you're inquiring about.

Why not look at the Detector Pro line.. they fit into that range... The Tiger Shark works well in freshwater and wet/dry sand but I hear its noisy in the saltwater although I have never used one.. The Fisher I have a friend who has one and he doesn't like it that much.. If I were you I would consider a DP Diver or Wader.. you can also use them in the dirt.. Before you by do alot of research.. I researched for months before settling on a PI for my water hunting needs but I also have 2 other detectors one for the wet sand and one for the dry..

I'm sure the question has been asked a thousand times. I land hunt with three different detectors , but non of them I would take into the water or on the dry sand for that matter. I figure it is about time to get my feet wet and get an underwater unit. That is the price range I need to stay in and was wondering what some experiences were for people who have tried those detectors. I never considered detector pro are the headsets submergible? And how are they on gold chains?

findit said:
I'm sure the question has been asked a thousand times. I land hunt with three different detectors , but non of them I would take into the water or on the dry sand for that matter. I figure it is about time to get my feet wet and get an underwater unit. That is the price range I need to stay in and was wondering what some experiences were for people who have tried those detectors. I never considered detector pro are the headsets submergible? And how are they on gold chains?

Detector Pro Diver will see chains where a Excalibur or a PI will not.. my Diver is rated to 100 feet but I only go up to my neck..

http://www.surfscanner.com/Surfscan3/HHDiverNew.html

The tiger shark is a great fresh water detector,and excellent on small gold items.I have found gold chains and small ear rings 6 to 8 inches deep in booth dry and wet sand.But any machine you purchase will take time to get used to and will probably frustrate you to begin with.Take time to learn your unit and the gold and silver will follow.

findit said:

What detectors do you use normally? I use an excal 2 for the beach and water and it has served me well thus far. In my opinion if you want to go into the water, sell one of your machines and bump up your pricing to include an excal. I would get the best that your money can buy, because the water is where most of the loot is it. Better to spend up front and find more later.