Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newbie here, met up with Royal over on the Off Topic Forum....

Paul(NWO)

he seemed like such an easy-going, well-mannered and well-liked type that I thought I might drop by here and see what's going on. At the top of this forum I see I'm invited to tell a tale or two. Well the number two tale will have to wait until another time. How about a true metal detecting story.

Seems this grizzled old metal detectorist was a huntin' buried treasure in a city park one warm summer evening.
Did I tell you, that all metal detectorist are old? Well you can't even purchase one around here unless you're at least fifty years of age. The Park Police will make sure of that. I've left my story trail and it's a true that she be.

In his quest for the sparkly, shiny and round treasures that can be had with those strange geiger counter devices, the oldster had purposely came to the playground area with the shredded wood all about you see.
I suppose that at this advanced age it must be easier to raise the treasure with instrument of death and destruction to the lowly worm population in the normal circumstance. This hideous blackened blade with the sharp and bright edge was anchored upon a huge belt on his left side. On his right side he carried in a leather, I believe it to be a holster of some sort what resembled a pistol but it had a plastic barrel. You wouldn't possibly shoot a bullet with that thing. Oh my I have it it must be some sort of ray gun for dispatching those poor unfortunate creatures that dwell just below the surface of the earth.

There he goes, don't you see, swinging that geiger counter with head phones on. In his advanced age, I'm sure he couldn't hear a siren from ten feet away without them. He was comfortable in the area without any youngsters to offer their help in digging and demanding the greater part of the treasure plundered from the soil.

Now this is where my tale of mystery searching takes the twist. Ah, and a twisted tale it is too as you shall see.
Up the path come two young couples bent upon having a few romantic moments of the husbands pushing the wives in the swings. The grizzled old-timer adjusts his path so as not to interfere. He gets down to retrieve a five cent treasure as his device had told him it might be.
One of the wives of unmeasurable beauty approached the old beast to inguire as to what he was doing. He responded to her delight that he was "metal detecting". Her sharp mind grasped the concept immediately and inquired as to it's ability to find a twenty dollar bill? The geezer was taken aback a bit by the question proposed and replied "No ma'am, it's a metal detector".
Not deterred by the negative answer she asked more, "What of value have you found?, How much have you found? What would one of those cost? Promptly answering her questions and perceiving the possibility of a friendship which the geezer had few of, the old man rose to his feet to engage this charming beauty in some education of metal detecting.
He removed the headphones from the machine so she could hear what he was hearing. He placed the new found 5 cent treasure on top of the mulch so that she might swing the machine on her own and hear the signal and see the readout as to the intelligence of instrument.
Sure enough it sung out and on the screen it was showing a nickel.

Now here is where the old man made his mistake. He announced to her that her gold wedding band would give about the same signal. She took her wedding ring while husband was watching and becoming more irritated by the moment. This stranger almost thrice his age had already interrupted his romantic moment and time was fleeting.
The bride swung the machine in the ill-advised attempt to find a reading for her band. The machine chimed and there the telltale indication of harm to the marital bliss, the inexcusable, it read NICKEL. She calls out to the hubby, my wedding reads "nickel".
Oh no, what have I done thought the treasure hunter. He tried to explain the electrical characteristics but non of it was about to be heard. The extremely frustrated hubby is now running to her side and offering explanation of "I paid good money for your rings". The husbands male companion is now laughing so hard it may there may not be enough flesh to retain his breeches. The treasure hunter having created such a huge turmoil beat a hasty retreat to his trusty steed and rode off into the sunset to avoid any more displeasure.

You may question whether this be true but I know it to be true, you see I am the grizzled stranger.

see that happening. By the way, I met you on the Views Forum, not the Off Topic Forum:rofl: I have not visited that forum in years.

Stop by and pull up a chair any time:thumbup:

guys give me a hard time sometimes. I do own a metal detector, but so far have not used it much! But even I know it won't pick up a twenty dollar bill! Duh! :lol:

Hope you stick around, your story was funny and bet you have many more. We always welcome newbies here. They usually turn into regulars if you like good stories and a bit of BS'ing! :)

Kind of new here myself , but found the place and the people real nice and the stories better ...
Welcome ..

Bill G.
The Wannabe Farmer

Your story was very entertaining and enjoyable. Thanks for sharing it with us, I really liked it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

What [or where] is NWO? You have to excuse this olde Canuck..... we ain't to smart I guess. :)

calm seas

Mikie

It sure is good to see 'new blood' (even in an old 'geezer [like me]) on this forum.

Sure hope you stick around and tell us some more. We really like a good tale or three.

aj

both couples were actually black. The young lady was one of the prettiest women I have ever met along with having a very sweet personality. I get the usual questions, "you ever find anything with that", "what are you looking for", "can I help"- little kids, "what does one of those cost". That $20 bill thing pretty well floored me though.

Lucille Ball was really a Blonde and a very shrewd business woman. Goldie Hawn of the Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In fame is a very shrewd business woman also. Maybe you've seen re-runs? Did I say she's blonde.
Thanks for the welcome!