Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newbie finds G O L D !

manganos

I headed out to my sons elementary school with my new to me Explorer XS. I thought I'd see what I could find in the playground. Here it is.

DSCN0221.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

It is stamped 18k inside. It only has 1 of the 3 gems but hey I can't complain. Boy do these explorers love to find quarters!! I also found some relics at my house that I'll post on the relic forum. While hunting the playground I wandered a little off course into a field and found this button.

DSCN0225.jpg

DSCN0224.jpg

It is hard to read but it says something about "yorkshire". It has a picture of a cross or three leafed clover and a bugal (sp), with wreaths around it. Can anyone tell me about it? This school used to be the old colored school during the segregated times. Thanks!

This is what other detectorist's call Beginner's Luck. Hope you enjoy many more finds like the ones you found today. Good Luck and HH.

Congrats on the gold! How new are you? That is great you already found gold. Have you found silver yet? I have had my EX II about 2.5 years and still have some learning to do. But I would not trade it for anything. I have found more silver in the last year than ever. Good luck and keep em coming

This is only the 2nd real time I've taken out the detector. I've had it a couple of weeks. The first time I took it out I took it around the yard and found an ox shoe. I believe it dates back to the colonial times. I live in Dinwiddie, Va on some land. My driveway used to be an old postal route during the horse and buggy days. You can still find the old bricks that made up part of the road due to the natural springs around here.

Did you try screening the soil from where you found the ring? A fine mesh screen may help to recover the gems if they were on the ring when it was dropped.

I searched for the rest of the gems but with no luck. All I had was my detector and a shovel with a cutdown handle. Come to find out the button I found while at the playground turns out to be a revolutionary war button from the UK. An Oxfordshire Buckinhamshire button no less! Beginners luck ;)