Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new

markg39

as some one who is new to useing the quattro what advice can anyone give me,i have the book mastering the minelab quattro......thanks ,,mark from the uk

I'd read Andy's book slowly, and carefully from cover to cover and then, try and practice what he says. Just take it a step at a time, start learning your detector. Try reading some items you already have, and if you have a place to build a test garden, like Andy talks about, do it and practice it. Just have a ton of patience, because it takes some time and thought to try and figure out what all the sounds and numbers the Quatro is giving you. My main advice is just take it slow, don't get frustrated, and stay with it and you'll be incredibly rewarded as to what this can detector can do, once you know what it's trying to tell you. It's a great detector. Marc.

Do a search on this forum for tips and you will find some really great advice. Minelab would recommend that you use the factory presets for a while to learn the basics of how the machine reacts and what it is telling you, but that is up to you. I don't believe you will find the machine too difficult to use, especially if you follow Andy's advice. Most people find that they can make good recoveries right out of the box. Better recoveries come with time and experience.

HH

Don

And try detecting easy spots to start with, areas that don't have too much trash about, like a park or quiet beach. It gives you a breather from the usual barrage of sounds until you get the hang of it.:)

Hey hey,
Well after one season with the quattro, I can tell you it will find what you are looking for. The main thing with the quattro is go slow, this is a slower than normal swing detector. But this will help you not miss those wonderful keepers. And on very shallow targets that give more than one tone, usualy three, try lifting the coil just a little so that only the center bar of the coil will detect the target. I have found this to be the best fix, I myself never use the pinpointe function and pinpointe in detect mode. Hope this helps.....HH L8R

HOWLOW

Oh, boy!!! Amen to that statement. Even after owning the Quatro, for over a year, and reading Andy's book 2 or 3 times and studying it and practicing it. I went to a local beach and almost lost my mind one afternoon. All I heard was high pitched tone after tone, with high numerical readings. Sounded like a meteor shower had hit my detector volume or something. I honestly got so freaked out, I thought the detector had gone bad on me, so I went to another stretch of beach in a different area, and it was just fine. I was able to discern what was going one. After I thought about it for a while, I remembered that I had dug in that "crazy" beach before and found almost nothing but melted aluminum cans. That beach is notorious for party goers, who build huge bonfires, and probably throw their empty aluminum beer or coke cans in the fire. Of course a big chunk of aluminum is gonna have a high reading, so I think that was the case. The Quatro, wasn't broken, I just wasn't reading it right. I agree with Golden, start out in an area where there's not too much trash. It'll make life easier for sure. Marc Trainor.