Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Years Day Civil War hunt

TNreb

Couldn't think of a better way to spend New Years Day than go relic hunting. Only partner Bob could make it as Sham and Frank were unable to go. We decided to go back to our CS Artillery site that was also the site of a college that burned down in the 1850's. We have found many nice finds there but nothing Confederate....yet. I know they are there and may be masking under the extremely amount of trash left over from the college. The old red bricks are everywhere which makes the soil extremely hot. I got a couple buttons. One nice Eagle button and one cuff button that I can make out the arrows on the bottom right and one wing on the left (wing is up so it is just a normal General Service Eagle cuff button). Also got a percussion cap, brass shell, camp lead, button back, couple pistol bullets, round ball, couple decorative pieces from the college and two shell frags. One frag is pretty good size and has threads from the fuse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODLHKjncw_A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMbuSoAX60c

Good finds. Wish I could have been there. Thanks for posting and SEE YOU AT THE NEXT HOLE.

Thanks EJ. Bob had a great time there. Check out his video. Hope to see you again at the spring DIV hunt.